Minutes for St. Paul Intergroup Meeting
7 PM Tuesday January 11, 2005, Room 127
Griggs-Midway Bldg., 1821 University Avenue West, St. Paul
Meeting opened at 7:00 PM January 12, 2005 with the following groups
represented: Woodbury Valley Creek Thur pm, Midway Wed 6:30, Mahtomedi
Al-Anon Works, Uptown Tues 11am, Uptown Thur 9:30 am, Monday 7pm WBL,
9:30 Thursday Uptown, Friday Mahtomedi 7pm, 11am Inner Peace
Mahtomedi, Thurs Courage. The Minnesota South World Service Delegate was
- Concept One: The ultimate responsibility and authority of
Al-Anon world service belongs to the Al-Anon groups.
- Treasurer’s Report:
December P&L shows ($338.44) for net income. Total 2004 P&L
shows net income of $646.75. Report was accepted.
- Open House January 15, 2005, 9am to 1pm: The chair will supply
flyers. People are asked to bring food. Volunteers offered to bring
fruit plate and bagels as well as coffee pots.
- Nomination of Officers: There is a need for a treasurer and
assistant treasurer and a secretary. Anyone interested please contact
the Intergroup office.
- Chair goals: The new chair stated that her goal is to get
intergroup connected to South area and the groups. She is also
committed to changing Intergroup and is open to creative ideas to make
Intergroup better and exciting. A suggestion was made that we also
invite the District 20 to have a liason to Intergroup to help coordinate
- District 20 Potluck: The District 20 Potluck is Jan 29 at St.
Marks on 1983 Dayton in St. Paul at 6:30 pm, with speakers starting at
7:30. There will be childcare and complete information is on the
- Group Records: Our World Service Delegate asked who is the contact
for group records. It was explained that we have a Directory Chair
who maintains group information and mailing lists. We work in
cooperation with Minneapolis Information Seervices to maintain accurate
information on the Twin Cities web site. The web chair
suggested that any change will be emailed to all the appropriate
entities. The chair suggested that we discuss
this with the office volunteer chair and develop a process for
handling emailed info.
- Literature: The new literature chair asked about guidelines for
purchasing literature and inventory of literature. We may need to
change or provide amendments to change our procedure. This will be
discussed at our next meeting in Februaty. She will get together with
the outgoing literature chair.
- Alateen: We have a now Alateen chair for 2005.
- Office Manager: It was noted that the Office Volunteer chair says
we need office volunteer. If you are interested please contact
the Intergroup office.
- Newsletter: Last month’s newsletter was put out by a
volunteer. The chair is working to get a new chairperson for this
committee for 2005. If interested, please contact the Intergroup
- Public Outreach: The chair stated St. Paul Parent Fair will be
held at Roy Wilkins Auditorium on Jan 22, 9:30-2:00. Intergroup will
have a booth at this event.
- Institutions: Last year’s chair will continue this position in
- Area Liason: The Area World Service Committee meeting is in Bloomington
on Feb 5.
Anyone interested service opportunities are invited to attend the upcoming
Intergroup meetings held the 2nd Tuesday of the month at the Griggs Midway
Building at 7pm. Also, anyone interested in attending Intergroup meetings
and taking back this valuable information to their groups, please join
Next Meeting: Tuesday, March 8, 7:00pm Griggs Midway Building
Outgoing Intergroup Secretary 02/08/2005