Minutes for St. Paul Intergroup Meeting
7 PM Tuesday March 8, 2005, Room 127
Griggs-Midway Bldg., 1821 University Avenue West, St. Paul
[These minutes have been edited for posting on the web]
Meeting began at 7:05 PM January 12, 2005 with the following groups
Friday Mahtomedi at St. Andrew’s church 7pm,
White Bear Lake Tuesday PM at St. Stephen’s church,
White Bear Lake Wednesday AM at St. Stephen’s church,
Inner Peace Al-Anon in Mahtomedi,
Inver Grove Heights Al-Anon at St. Patrick’s church,
Burnsville Friday Night Cliff Hangers at Mary Mother of the Church,
Mahtomedi Friday PM at St. Andrew’s church
- Concept Three: The Right of Decision makes
effective leadership possible
- The minutes of the February meeting
were read but not accepted because a quorum was not present
- Treasurer’s Report:
It was noted that a check in the amoung of $119 for literature
purchases is missing [it subsequently showed up]. The reconciliation
report will be in next month’ report. The report will be held
for approval until April because of the absence of a quorum.
- The agenda was read but was not accepted
as a quorum was not present.
- Question for Intergroup: How does one
hanmdle working on a group conscience/inventory/business meeting
withing an individual group to ensure that the group is working
properly? It was noted that there are group conscience/inventory
worksheets available for this purpose. It is suggested that each
group work a time into their schedule for these purposes.
- Nomination of Officers: This was held
over until April because a quorum was not present.
- Inventory: Someone volunteers to look
into the accounting of how to fit the inventory.
- Alateen in Schools: There will be an Alateen
sponsor meeting at the Maplewood Alano on March 19. It is the desire
that some time soon a program can be set up to have Alateen speakers go
into various schools to speak.
- Chair Positions: The positions of
Assistant Treasurer, Remote Volunteers Chair, Directory Chair and
Double Dimer Chair are still open. If you are interested in serving
or know someone who would be, please come to the next meeting.
- The Mid-Lake Alateen Conference will be
held the weekend of April 29 — May 1 in Wisconsin. Flyers
should be coming soon [date corrected from what was announced at the
- South Area Assembly: St. Paul
Al-Anon/Alateen Intergroup is supposed to handle literature sales at
this one day event. Three members volunteered.
- Building Sign: The sign from the old
building is still up at the old building on White Bear Avenue. The
chair has contacted the maintenance person at that location and
learned that it is our repsponsiblity to take down and move the sign.
News from the Committee Chairs
- Literature: The Literature chair will
complete the comparison of the desk directory with the printed
published directory in March and will report what she finds. 10 cases
of literature came in and are being added to what is on the shelves.
- Archives: Nothing new.
- The Office manager is on vacation.
- Alateen: Nothing new.
- The Program chair was not available to
provide an update on Gratitude Night which will be November 12, 2005.
- Office Volunteers: More volunteers are
- The position of Directory chair is
- The Group Liason Chair is asked
occasionally to go to groups to help with different needs.
- The position of Newsletter chair has
been open for sometime. A newsletter was put out for January with no
plans for the next one.
- Public Outreach: Three volunteers will
staff a booth at the Women’s Expo. Anyone wanting to volunteer
needs to get a volunteer badge at the entrance to the Expo. A Thank
You note was sent for our presence at the Wellness Fair at St. Peter
Claver Church. They would like us to come again on February 12,
- Institutions: There are institutions
meetings being held in Regions Hospital and VOA (Women’s
Prison). Volunteers to help out are needed.
- Speakers’: No report.
- The position of Double Dimer chair is
- Minneapolis Information Services Liaison:
- The web chair is on vacation.
- webArea Liason: No report.
Anyone interested in Al-Anon/Alateen service opportunities is invited to
attend Intergroup meetings held the 2nd Tuesday of the month at the Griggs
Midway Building at 7 pm. If you want to pick up valuable information to
carry back to your group, please join us!
Next Meeting: Tuesday, April 12, 7:00 pm Griggs Midway Building