Minutes for St. Paul Intergroup Meeting
7 PM Tuesday April 12, 2005, Room 127
Griggs-Midway Bldg., 1821 University Avenue West, St. Paul
(Edited to remove names)
The meeting opened with the Serenity Prayer at 7:00 PM April 12, 2005 with the
following groups represented:
Mahtomedi Friday pm St. Andrews Church,
White Bear Lake Tuesday pm St. Stephen’s Church,
Midway Wednesday 6 pm,
Redeemer Al-Anon South St. Paul,
Inner Peace Al-Anon Mahtomedi,
Uptown Tuesday 11 am, Eagan Monday pm,
White Bear Lake Wednesday pm St.
Tuesday 7 pm at Trinity School, St. Paul.
In addition, the Fellowship Weekend Board Special Interest Liaison was
- The Seventh Tradition basket was passed.
- Concept Four: Participation is the key to Harmony
- The minutes of the March meeting were read. A correction is made
on the Mid-Lake Conference being held April 29, 30 and May 1. The
minutes were accepted with this correction.
- Treasurer’s Report: No report was available. It will be
The Fellowship Weekend liaison presented information about the
Fellowship Weekend will be September 2 and 3, 2005 at the Double Tree
Hotel at Hwy 394 and Hwy 100 in St. Louis Park. Registration will be
$16.00 at the door, $13.00 in advance. Meals (advance registration
required) will be $15.00 for breakfast and lunch and $29.00 for dinner.
Tickets would be available in May in the St. Paul Intergroup Office.
The theme for the weekend is Gratitude and Humility.
Chairs for Hospitality Committee and Workshops Committee are
working with the Alateens must have been approved the same as a
St. Paul Intergroup is responsible for literature sales at this
- The Treasurer had several issues she wanted guidance on:
- Carrying around money in large amounts makes her uncomfortable.
Use of the night depositry is not recommended because most are not
considered safe because they are not secure. She thought one
solution would be to change to a bank she could get to at
- It is considered unsafe to leave large sums of money in the
office for periods of time. The Secretary volunteered to help make
deposits and a time to train her will be set up
- How much money should be allowed to accumulate in our account?
Because we do not have a 501(3)C tax status we need to watch the
amount of money that accumulates in the account. We will deal with
what to do with it if it becomes too large
- Is it allowed for office volunteers to write checks for cash?
The general feeling is that this is not a good policy so it will be
- Elections: A new treasurer and secretary were
- Reports: The February Treasurer‘s Reports
and Minutes were accepted
- Building sign: It has been taken down
and is temporarily in storage.
- Literature sales at South Area Assembly:
Sales totaled $320.94 with a shortage of $4.74
- Midlake Conference: We are not being
asked to sell literature
- Gratitude Night Tabled until May.
- Address change for a group at Northwestern Al-anon
was reported. In the future, changes of address and location do not
need to be brought to the Intergroup Representatives.l
- Office needs: A fax is needed. A member
has one at home she will donate. The existing vacuum will be taken
in to be repaired. If needed, a new vacuum will be purchased up to a
limit of $100.00.
- Reimbursement for mileage and
registration will be paid to volunteers who sold literature at the
South Area Assembly
- Appeals for funds: A contribution will
be send in response to the Quarterly WSO Appeal but not to Mpls AIS
- Literature: Alateen Newcomer Packets have
been traded for Regular Newcomer Packets through Minneapolis AIS. We have also
received more Al-anon Newcomer Packets.
- Alateen: No report.
- Office Volunteers: Three new volunteers
have come forward and all dates have been filled for this month.
- Remote Volunteers: It was proposed that
the position be dropped. This was approved unanimously.
- Directory: The current chair is trying to
step down. The web chair said he was working on getting the data base
in shape for a new directory chair.
- Group Liaison: No report.
- Newsletter: No report.
- Public Outreach: The good location and
traffric flow of the Women’s Expo may change next year
since the Expo will be changing. Do we still want to be part of the
- Institutions: The Roseville group is
sponsoring some of the group at VOA. There is a hope that a group can
start to sponsor persons reentering society.
- Speakers: No report.
- Archives: There are four posters that
need to be recovered. The Archives chair has found someone that can use
shrink-wrap to cover them. $100.00 was authorized for this
- Double Dimer: No report
- Minneapolis AIS: No report
- Web Chair: There is now an Alateen web
page for sponsors to use. It has downloadable application and
The meeting adjourned.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, May 10, 7:00pm Griggs Midway Building
Anyone interested service opportunities are invited to attend the upcoming
Intergroup meetings held the 2nd Tuesday of the month at the Griggs Midway
Building at 7pm. Also, anyone interested in attending Intergroup meetings
and taking back this valuable information to their groups, please join