St. Paul Al-Anon/Alateen Intergroup
Minutes of the August 12, 2008 Meeting
- Uptown, Thursday 9:30am (Chair)
- Summit Hill, Wednesday, 5:00pm (Secretary)
- White Bear Lake, Monday 10:00am (Intergroup Rep)
- Fireside Al-Anon (Speakers Chair)
- Roseville Monday Night Al-Anon (Intergroup Rep, Vice Chair)
- White Bear Lake, Monday 7:00 (Inside Literature Chair)
- Redeemer Al-Anon SSP, Tuesday 7:30 pm (Intergroup Rep)
- You Are Not Alone Al-Anon, Monday 7:00pm (Intergroup Rep)
- Heights & Lights. Thursday 7:00pm (Intergroup Rep)
- Uptown Monday 8:00pmm (Acting Intergroup Rep)
- Uptown Thursday 9:30am (Treasurer, Intergroup Rep)
Concept 7: The Trustees have legal rights while the rights of the
Conference are traditional.
July Minutes: Read and approved
Treasurer’s Report: The Treasurer
reported that we were looking good financially in July. Group and
individual contributions have tapered off. Please encourage your group and
individual members to keep Intergroup in mind.
Election: A volunteer is interested in the
Vice-Chair position and organizing Gratitude Night. She has been a
grateful member of Al-Anon for 25 years and her service is greatly
appreciated! She was nominated to the position of Vice Chair and was voted
Intergroup Representative reports
- Uptown, Thursday 9:30am
- Group attendance is okay and the
group is very active as far as service is concerned.
- Heights & Lights
- Happy to be here and represent group!
- You Are Not Alone Al-Anon
- The meeting is strong and doing well.
- White Bear Lake Monday 10:00am
- The group has been getting a lot of newcomers since moving to their
new location and is starting to grow.
Officer and Committee Chair Reports and Announements
- Sent out an e-mail regarding the need of a Vice-Chair. Someone
responded! A couple of Al-Anon members from LA came to her group and
shared their involvement in Al-Anon. She also reminded Intergroup
what a great opportunity the Chair position is and hopes that someone
is considering the position when she rotates out.
- Vice Chair
- Happy to jump in and help out with service.
- He also plans to rotate out at the end of this year.
- Speakers chair
- There have been two requests for speakers in the last month. He
has been working on getting the speakers organized.
- July 19th Open Meeting
- Two volunteers sold literature and reported on what a great
experience it was. $775 was sold during the meeting.
- The Chair has dropped off literature at the Veteran’s Home and a
woman’s shelter in Cottage Grove. Please consider adopting a spot in the
- Old Computer Equipment
- Kathy will talk to Minneapolis to see if they are interested. The old
equipment needs to be moved out of the office due to it being a fire hazard. Two
members are willing to wipe the memory clean to protect data
- Fellowship Weekend
- This is coming up August 22-23 at the Ramada in Brooklyn Park.
Volunteers and food donations are needed for the Intergroup hospitality
suite. We are serving dinner Friday at 5:00 and breakfast Saturday at
8:30. Vegetarian dishes, salads, and desserts are needed Friday
evening. We are serving bagels, juice, and coffee on Saturday. Fruit
and other breakfast foods would be very much appreciated. Volunteers
to serve during these times are very welcome! We need groups to donate
side salads and desserts for dinner Friday. We are also in need of
volunteers to help out.
- Gratitude Night
- A volunteer will do a small flyer to distribute at Fellowship Weekend
to start getting the word out..
- Office Volunteers
- A request was made to cover a disabled volunteer’s transportation
costs on the days that she volunteers in the office. She must pay Metro
Mobility $5 each time she volunteers. The group decided this was a special
circumstance and voted yes to reimburse the $5 per shift transportation
- New Literature
- Discovering Choices is now available in the
- Upcoming Events
- The Chair thanked everyone for coming and wanted to remind members
about upcoming events
October 4: Fall Assembly in Blaine
November 8: Gratitude Night
Meeting closed with the Al-Anon Declaration.
Return to St. Paul Intergroup home
Edited for the web and posted 20 August 2008