St. Paul Al-Anon/Alateen Intergroup
Minutes of the September 9, 2008 Meeting
- Uptown, Thursday 9:30am (Chair)
- Summit Hill, Wednesday, 5:00pm (Secretary)
- Uptown Thursday 9:30am (Treasurer, Intergroup Rep)
- White Bear Lake, Monday 7:00 (Intergroup Rep)
- Roseville 7:30 Al-Anon (Intergroup Rep, Vice Chair)
- Redeemer Al-Anon SSP, Tuesday 7:30 pm (Intergroup Rep)
- St. Stephens, Wednesday 9:00 am (Office Volunteer Chair, Intergroup Rep)
Concept 8: The Board of Trustees delegates full authority for routine
management of Al-Anon Headquarters to its executive committee.
Auguest Minutes: Read and approved
Treasurer’s Report: The Treasurer reported that
there was a nice financial end to August, but that September has been a
bit off. There have been few donations and there has been a dip in
literature sales. The message needs to be spread that we need help in
regard to donations, literature, and volunteers.
The office was closed 11 days in August due to a lack of volunteers.
Intergroup Representative reports
- St. Stephens, Wednesday 9 am
- Everything is going well with her group.
She will be cycling out after November.
- White Bear Lake Monday 7:00 pm
- The Intergroup Rep has been bringing up service opportunities
at her meeting.
- Uptown Thursday 9:30 am
- The Intergroup Rep has been doing service work for many years
and is willing to help out the the new Intergroup Rep.
He is ready to do different things.
Officer and Committee Chair Reports and Announcements
- She thought that Fellowship Weekend went well. She wants to get
the word out to groups that there will be service positions open next
year and there are plenty of people willing to be service
- Vice Chair
- She has taken on Gratitude Night and reports that things
are going well.
- He would like to rotate out of the Treasurer position and reports
that he has tried to smooth out the process for the next Treasurer. He
continues to mention this opportunity at meetings.
- Office volunteer chair
- She wouldn‘t mind a replacement for Volunteer Coordinator.
She will spread the word at her group and is willing to go through
December when she will rotate out.
- Fellowship Weekend
- Feedback was positive. It was fun and well organized. The Chair
mentioned the need to get the word out that a credit card had to be
used as a deposit on the room. Need to inform the next chair about
this. It was also mentioned that it would be nice to have more
involvement from St. Paul in the planning. Meetings close to St. Paul
might help. Sue mentioned that there was a lot of food left over from
breakfast. Root beer floats and hot dogs were a hit for dinner Friday
- Old Computer Equipment
- Minneapolis does not want the old equipment. It will be wiped
clean for sensitive data and recycled.
- South Area Assembly
- Please encourage Group Reps to attend on October 4.
- Gratitude Night
- Gratitude Night will be November 8. The Vice Chair reports that it will be
a Potluck and that Intergroup will be providing enchiladas. She thinks
that attendance will be big and will have the flyers ready next month.
She has excellent AA and Al-Anon speakers but
is still working on the Alateen speaker. A preliminary budget of
$700.00 was voted on and approved. There is a need for volunteers in
the following areas: decorations, set up,
literature, clean up, and daycare. Call the Vice Chair to
Meeting closed with the Al-Anon Declaration.
Respecfully submitted by the Intergroup Secretary
Return to St. Paul Intergroup home
Edited for the web and posted 10 October 2008