St. Paul Al-Anon/Alateen Intergroup
Minutes of the December 9, 2008 Meeting
The meeting was opened at 7:00 pm, December 9th, 2008 with the
- Uptown Thursday 9:30 am (Chair, Treasurer, Intergroup Rep)
- Summit Hill, Wednesday, 5:00 pm (Secretary)
- St. Stephens, Wednesday 9:00 am (Office Volunteer Chair)
- White Bear Lake, Monday 7:00 pm (Inside Literature Chair)
- Inner Peace Al-Anon 11 am Mahtomedi (Vice Chair Elect)
- Redeemer Al-Anon S. St. Paul (Intergroup Rep)
Concept 12:The spiritual foundation for Al-Anon’s world services is
contained in the General Warranties of the Conference, Article 12 of the
November Minutes: Read and approved
Intergroup Representative reports
- Redeemer Al-Anon in S. St. Paul
- Rotating out as Group Rep.
Has been encouraging others to get involved.
- Uptown Thursday 9:30 am
- The Intergroup Rep is rotating out and is ready to do more for
himself. He has a lot of love and respect for the program.
Treasurer’s Report: The appeal letters
seemed to boost donations. The Chair has the documents for future appeals.
She also inquired about the balance in the checkbook. There is about
$1,500 in the checkbook and $7,000 in reserves. Literature continues to be
the biggest expense. We have a large inventory of literature. The
Treasurer will back up the accounting. Other members will assist with
Officer and Committee Chair Reports and Announcements
- Intergroup still needs a Treasurer. If you know of anyone good
with numbers, ask if they might be interested. The chair is ready to
rotate out, but had a great time!
- She is ready to rotate out, but is more than happy to help the new
Secretary, if needed. It has been a great service opportunity!
- Vice Chair Elect
- Coming in as Vice Chair. The Chair will pass the e-mail list on to
her. Also willing to be Alateen Chair, which she feels is a great
service opportunity. They are always looking for more help, for
members who are interested.
- Inside literature chair
- Will continue as Inside Literature Chair, but is looking for help
for the month of January. Please contact her, if you are able to
- Office volunteer chair
- A new person will take over Volunteers in the office. The office
was only closed two days in November.
- He has worked to simplify the process while Treasurer. He is willing
to help the new Treasurer, but is ready to rotate out.
- Founder’s Day
- Nine volunteers assisted with selling literature, which went well.
Not a lot of sales, but Intergroup was visible. Area Public Outreach
set up a display next to the literature table.
- 2009 Literature Commitments
- Intergroup will be selling literature at the District 20 Potluck,
the Spring Assembly, and Fellowship Weekend.
- Office Volunteers
- The calendar is full for December!
- Officer election
- There was a single nominee for vice chair. She was elected
unanimously. She will also be the Alateen chair.
- It was suggested that incoming officers might want to consider
changing the code in the office, which would require contacting all
- ADAP Meeting on Wheels
- If you are interested in this service opportunity, please contact
the office for information on whom to contact.
- District 20 Potluck
- The potluck will be Saturday, January 10th at St.
Mark’s School. Potluck begins at 6:00 and speakers will start at
7:00. The incoming Vice Chair will do Outside Literature. Bring a dish
Meeting closed with the Al-Anon Declaration.
Respectfully submitted by the Intergroup Secretary.
to St. Paul Al-Anon Intergroup home page
Edited for the web and posted 14 December 2008