St. Paul Al-Anon/Alateen Intergroup
Minutes of the March 10, 2009 Meeting
Our next meeting: 7 pm Tuesday April 14th,
2010 in room S127
MARK YOUR CALENDARS and send someone from your group to carry the message!
The meeting opened with the Serenity Prayer
- Introductions and Roll Call
- Present were the Vice-Chair, the Secretary and the Inside Literature
chair as well as 2 Intergroup Representatives, an Altenate Intergroup
Representative and the District Representative for District 31.
There was a reading on Concept III (The right of
decision makes effective leadership possible. ).
- Minutes of February meeting
- Treasurer’s Report
- There was no report. HELP! We need a
- Report of Intergroup, Group Reps, and Chair positions
- We now have many medallions and lots of Newcomer Packets
We still need help filling St. Paul Intergroup positions.
Remembering Lois W 3-4-09.
- Spring Assembly on April 4th
- The Vice Chair and another member will attend. The Vice Chair will
help sell literature at the assembly
- A mothion to reimburse the Vice Chair’s mileage expenses and
registration fee was passed.
- Funding home internet access for the Vice Chair
- The Vice Chair would like to explore the possibility of St. Paul
Intergroup funding home Internet access for her. It would be a
convenience in communication. It was suggested that members read p. 39
in the Service Manual prior to the meeting. The Vice Chair will do a
cost comparison to see what option would be most cost effective. It will be considered further at the April Intergroup
- Public Outreach
- There will be a literature table at Inver Hills Community College
with some free CAL.
- A motion was made, seconded and approved to donate $4 to St.
Joseph’s Alcohol Outreach Program in order to purchase 20
“Information for the Newcomer” pamphlets, 20 checklists,
and 20 Forum booklets.
- Thanks to everyone who volunteered in the St. Paul Intergroup Office in
- ADAP Meeting Fourth Sunday @ 1:30 and 6PM: A meeting in a bag!
- Contact the office or email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are
- Scholarships for Alateen Tri-state Mid-Lake Alateen Conference
- Contribute in any amount
Make checks out to “MidLake Scholarship Fund” and send to St. Paul
Intergroup. Call the office or email to email@example.com if you
- Many 2009 Intergroup service positions are still open:
When I got busy, I get better.
- The positions of Chair, Treasurer, Assistant Treasurer, Alateen
Chair, Outside Literature Chair, Office Manager, Public Outreach Chair,
and Group Liaison Chair are open.
- There are descriptions of these
positions on the website.
The meeting closed with the Al-Anon Declaration.
- Next Intergroup Meeting
- April 14th at 7 pm
- Spring Assembly
- April 4th
- First Step Seminar sponsored by Al-Anon District 31
- 1:00 – 3:00 pm Saturday April 25, 2009
St. Paul’s United Methodist Church
700 Wesley Lane
- Please join us in a discussion of Al-Anon experience, strength, and
- Speakers are Ellie H, Kathy G, Kit S, and Stefanie C. Refreshments
will be served.
For more information about upcoming events go to the
to St. Paul Al-Anon Intergroup home page |
Available Intergroup minutes
Edited for the web and posted 19 October 2010