St. Paul Al-Anon/Alateen Intergroup
Minutes of the July 14, 2009 Meeting
Our next meeting:
Tuesday August 11th, 2009 @ 7PM in room
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
THE MORE THE MERRIER!
The meeting Convened at 7:00 PM with a moment of silence followed by the
- Introductions and Roll Call
Present were the Vice-Chair, the Speaker Chair, the Inside Literature Chair,
and an Acting Intergroup Representative who served as Acting Secretary
Reading of Concept VII — The Trustees have legal rights while the rights of the
Conference are traditional.
- Notable News
- The Vice Chair requested ideas on a facility for the annual Intergroup
Gratitude Night to be held Nov. 14th. Several sites were suggested.
- The Speaker Chair has monthly speaker opportunities in Hudson and
Hastings. During discussion, the possibility of providing a simple
evaluation or feedback card might help members improve their sharings.
Another possibility suggested would be to host a workshop for members
interested in speaking or have a few members share how service has
enriched their personal recovery.
- The Speaker Chair will be taking over the meeting at the Regions
Alcohol and Drug Abuse Program (ADAP). A similar opportunity would be
for Al-Anon members who are parents of ‘kids’ in treatment
a few doors down from ADAP on Thursday evenings.
- The Inside Literature Chair reported that WSO is still unable to
fill our order for Alateen Newcomer Packets. Discussion – putting
together a similar version from available materials or purchasing some
from Minneapolis AIS.
- It was noted that we have a new server for our phones in the hope
that we will have better service at less cost for our phone and
computer needs. A new transfer system is in place for call
- The Vice Chair asked if those who took call lists to update the meeting
directory would please bring them next month.
- Discussion and update on the possibility of moving the office or
combining more services with Minneapolis to better serve declining group
- Fellowship Weekend
- Volunteers are needed to sell literature during this event. St.
Paul Intergroup will be responsible for lunch and dinner in the
hospitality suite. After discussion, it was decided to “Keep it
Simple” by providing sub type sandwiches for lunch and pizza for
dinner. Snacks, salads, cookies, bars, etc. are welcome for anyone who
wishes to participate their time & talents in this way.
- Scholarships for Alateen tri-state Mid-Lake Roundup
- Contribute in any amount.
Make checks out to “MidLake Scholarship Fund” and send to
St. Paul Intergroup
The meeting adjourned at 8:10 pm with the Al-Anon Declaration
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR OFFICE and BOOKSTORE.
YOUR PARTICIPATION IS APPRECIATED!
We can’t do it alone, but together we can make great things happen!
Al-Anon/Alateen Intergroup home page | Index to SPIG Minutes
Edited for the web and posted 21 October 2010