St. Paul Al-Anon/Alateen Intergroup
Minutes of the February 9th, 2010 Meeting
Our next meeting: 7 pm Tuesday March 9th,
2010 in room S127
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
The meeting convened at 7:00 pm with a moment of silence followed by the
Introductions and Roll Call
Present were the Vice-Chair, the Secretary and Alternate Intergroup
Representative (IR), the Treasurer, the Public Outreach Cair and IR and the
Inside Literature Chair.
There was no reading of a Concept.
- Treasurer’s Report: Contributions from groups are stable. Our
bills are paid up. We have had to dip into our reserve due to the
- The minutes of the January meeting were not available for approval
- Reports from Intergroup Representatives and Chair position
- Notable News
- There was a burglary from the Intergroup Office discovered on
January 26. The door was jimmied open and the safe was broken loose
from the closet floor. Several hundred dollars in cash were taken
along with hundreds of dollars in checks, all of which should have been
endorsed for desposit before they were placed in the safe. Anyone who
purchased literature with a check or sent in a check as contribution
between January 18 and January 26 is requested to contact the office
(651-771-2208 or email@example.com)
- Thanks to office volunteers for your quick
and wise actions after the burglary was found.
- Losses and expenses due to burglary were approximately as follows:
We will probably not have to pay to repair the wall, the door or the door
jam. We have ordered a replacement safe for $322 which our landlord will
install at no cost to us.
- Cash $555
- Repair floor $200
- Repair wall behind safe $600
- Repair door $300
- Repair door jam $100
- We should probably consider having a new insurance policy that better
fits Intergroup’s needs
- There is a new combination to the safe and new procedures for
volunteers to gain entrance. Contact the Office Volunteer Chair for more
- A possible Speakers’ workshop was discussed.
- We encourage new volunteers to work in the Intergroup Office.
- We discussed ways to increase Intergroup participation.
- The 2009 Alternate Chair was elected Chair for 2010.
- In spirit of the seventh tradition we voted to contribute
$80.00 to the church at which Gratitude Night was held.
- Open Service Positions
- Alateen Chair
Outside Literature Sales
- Lois’ Birthday on March Fourth
- In remembrance of our cofounder, Lois Wilson, we encourage you to
leave a little Al-Anon Literature some place special (e.g. public
restroom, waiting area, etc.) Be creative!
Alcoholism: The Family Disease
Open Speaker Meeting
Saturday February 27th, 7 P.M.
Twin Lake, Alano Club
- Scholarships for Alateen tri-state Mid-Lake Roundup
- Contribute in any amount
Make checks out to “MidLake Scholarship Fund” and send
to St. Paul Intergroup
Meeting adjourned at 8:10 PM with the Al-Anon Declaration
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR OFFICE AND BOOKSTORE.
YOUR PARTICIPATION IS APPRECIATED!
We can’t do it alone, but together we can make great things happen!
St. Paul Al-Anon/Alateen Intergroup Home Page |
Index of Available Minutes
Edited for the web and posted 19 February 2010