St. Paul Al-Anon/Alateen Intergroup
Minutes of the April 13th, 2010 Meeting
Our next meeting: 7 pm Tuesday May 10th,
2010 in room S127
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
The meeting convened at 7:04 pm with a moment of silence followed by the
Introductions and Roll Call
Present were the Chair, the Secretary, the Treasurer, the Speaker Chair,
the Volunteer Coordinator, Inside Literature Chair, and the Newsletter
Editor. There were Intergroup Representatives (IRs) or their alternates
from Friday Night Mahtomedi Al-Anon, Summit Hill Wednesday 5 pm Al-Anon,
Midway Wednesday 6:30 pm Al-Anon, Fireside Al-Anon, Heights and Lights
Al-Anon, Highland 10 am Saturday Al-Anon
There was a reading from the Forum
on Concept IV (Participation is the key to
- Speaking opportunities
- The Speaker chair has set up a private Google Group Site to
connect speakers with speaking opportunities. Contact him or call the
office (651-771-2208) for more information.
- Office Volunteers
- Volunteers are urgently needed. Contact the volunteer coordinator or
call the office (651-771-2208) if you are willing to help.
- We’re having trouble with the new combination deadbolt lock.
Volunteers should be careful to check that the it locks when they
- Gopher State Roundup
- Volunteers are needed to sell literature. This is a great service
opportunity. You will not miss any of the great
- Public Outreach
- Unanimously approved a donation of $20 worth of literature for a
public outreach event.
- Unanimously approved $10 for literature for Henry Sibley High School
Wellness Fair, April 23rd, 2010.
- Unanimously approved motion to increase the threshold requiring
approval for Public Outreach expenditures from $10 to $25.
- Gratitude Night
- This will be coordinated this year by the Speaker Chair.
- A new Newsletter chair/editor was elected. She will get out an issue
of the newsletter quarterly. Expect a newsletter by the end of May.
Contact the Newsletter chair or call the office (651-771-2208) if you
have questions or have something to contribute.
- Intergroup workshop
- There will be a workshop for Al-Anon members interested in speaking on
June 8. This will replace the June Intergroup meeting.
- Unanimous approval of $50.00 to cover expenses.
- Business cards
- 4,000 cards will be purchased from Office Max.
- $200 will be donated to the Midlake Alateen Convention. $115 will
sponsor an Alateen and the rest will go to gas and other expenses.
- Open Service Positions
- Vice Chair
Outside Literature Sales
- Gopher State Roundup
- May 28th–30th, 2010
Sheraton, I494 & Hwy 100
- A Fourth Step Workshop Hosted by Districts 9, 11, & 13
- Saturday May 8th, 2010
5835 Lyndale Avenue South
- Scholarships for Tri-State Mid-Lake Alateen Convention
- Contribute in any amount.
Make checks out to “MidLake Scholarship Fund” and send
to St. Paul Al-Anon/Alateen Intergroup
The meeting adjourned about 8:40 pm with the Al-Anon Declaration.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR OFFICE AND BOOKSTORE.
YOUR PARTICIPATION IS APPRECIATED!
We can’t do it alone, but together we can make great things happen!
St. Paul Al-Anon/Alateen Intergroup Home Page |
Index of Available Minutes
Edited for the web and posted 21 June 2010