St. Paul Al-Anon/Alateen Intergroup
Minutes of the August 9th, 2010 Meeting
Our next meeting: 7 pm Tuesday September 14th,
2010 in room S127
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
The meeting convened at 7:04 pm with a moment of silence followed by the
Introductions and Roll Call
Present were the Treasurer, the Volunteer Coordinator, the Inside
Literature Chair, and the Public Outreach Chair. There were Intergroup
Representatives (IRs) or their alternates from Summit Hill Wednesday 5 pm
Al-Anon, Midway Wednesday 6:30 pm Al-Anon, White Bear Lake 7 pm Al-Anon,
Highland 10 am Al-Anon and Serenity Seekers Al-Anon in White Bear Lake.
There was a reading on Concept VIII (The Board of
Trustees delegates full authority for routine management of Al-Anon
Headquarters to its executive committees.
- Treasurer’s Report
- We need to raise money as we are depleting the reserve. Discussed ways
to raise money and it was decided an appeal letter will be sent by next meeting,
to all groups in the St. Paul Intergroup area.
- We need office volunteers.
- Please call the volunteer coordinator or the Intergroup office. As
of the meeting the following dates were open for August: 12, 18, 19,
21, 24, 30, and 31; All of September is open. The volunteer coordinator
would also like help finding volunteers, please contact her with above
- Gratitude Night
- This will be coordinated by the Speaker Chair. A volunteer from
Summit Hill Wednesday Al-Anon will also help and contact him to confirm
- Final count on Literature sales
- Gopher State — $2702.38 (with tax)
Discovering Choices Workshop: $204.13
- Office space
- A volunteer will be looking into getting a new office space, if anyone
would like to help please contact the office.
- Please be aware all chair positions are up on December 31, 2010. Start
thinking about great Al-Anon members you might know that would fill all
- There was discussion about doing a directory for the St. Paul area
- Public Outreach
- The Public Outreach chair) will be distributing literature at Inver
Hills Community College.
- Regions ADAP
- They are still looking for people to speak please contact
the Speaker Cair or the office.
- 2010 Office Activity
- February – 47 calls - staffed 17 of 24 days
March – 64 calls - staffed 20 of 27 days
April – 42 calls - staffed 17 of 26 days
May – 41 calls Ð staffed 20 of 25 days
June – 46 calls Ð staffed 19 of 27 days
July – 31 calls Ð staffed 18 of 27 days
- GREAT INFORMATION FOR THE NEWSLETTER
- The Newsletter Editor will create the quarterly Intergroup
- Please send the editor with your personal Al-Anon story, insight, or nugget
- Open Service Positions
- Vice Chair
Outside Literature Sales
- Descriptions of these position are on the
Service Opportunities Page
Important Dates and Numbers to Share
- 29th Annual Minnesota Fellowship Weekend
- September 3 – 4
DoubleTree Park Place Hotel
1500 Park Place Blvd
St. Louis Park
- Sponsorship Seminar
- Saturday, October 23
1:00 – 3:00 PM
St. Paul’s United Methodist Church
700 Wesley Lane
For more great upcoming events and open meetings, visit the
Events Page on this website.
The meeting adjourned around 8:30 PM with the Al-Anon Declaration.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR OFFICE AND BOOKSTORE.
YOUR PARTICIPATION IS APPRECIATED!
We can’t do it alone, but together we can make great things happen!
St. Paul Al-Anon/Alateen Intergroup Home Page |
Index of Available Minutes
Edited for the web and posted 19 October 2010