St. Paul Al-Anon/Alateen Intergroup
Minutes of the September 14th, 2010 Meeting
Our next meeting: 7 pm Tuesday October 12th,
2010 in room S127
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
The meeting convened with a moment of silence followed by the
Introductions and Roll Call
Present were the Vice Chair, the Secretary, the Volunteer Coordinator, the
Inside Literature Chair, the Public Outreach Chair and the Speakers Chair.
There were Intergroup Representatives (IRs) or their alternates from Summit
Hill Wednesday 5 pm Al-Anon, Midway Wednesday 6:30 pm Al-Anon, White Bear
Lake 7 pm Al-Anon, Fireside Al-Anon in Shoreview, and Serenity Seekers Al-Anon in
White Bear Lake.
There was a reading on Concept IX (Good personal
leadership at all service levels is a necessity. In the field of world
service the Board of Trustees assumes the primary leadership. ).
- Treasurer’s Report
- Not approved. Tabled to October meeting
- Minutes of August meeting
- Motion made and seconded to no longer offer credit to District 20.
- We need office volunteers.
- Please call the volunteer coordinator or the Intergroup office. As
of the meeting the following dates were open for September: 16, 28, and
30; Most of October is open. The volunteer coordinator would also like
help finding volunteers, please contact her with above information. Email to email@example.com will be
forwarded to the volunteer coordinator.
- Gratitude Night
- The date is November 13th at 6 pm. Volunteers will help set up at
5 pm. Looking for Alateen and AA speakers. Vice chair will ask for
reimbursement as needed up to $500.00 for Gratitude Night. Motion
approved to pay childcare $40 per hour ($20 per hour per babysitter)
- Contact the Speaker chair if you would like to tell your Al-Anon experience,
strength, and hope. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org will be
forwarded to him.
- Fellowship weekend
- Total cost for the hospitality room was $238.00. $79.00 was collected
- Founder’s Day
- St. Paul Al-Anon/Alateen Intergroup is willing to set up literature
and sell at Founder’s Day Weekend so long as Minneapolis
Information Services does not want to.
- The Newsletter Editor is completing the newsletter. You can expect
to see it in the next few weeks! Please contact her with your
personal Al-Anon story, insight, or nugget of humor! Email to email@example.com will be
forwarded to her.
- Midlake Alateen Conference
- HUGE thanks to those who donated to Alateen Midlake Conference!
- Remember that nominations for officers are to be made at the
November meeting, with the election at the December meeting. The
positions are Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, Treasurer and Assistant
Treasurer. Descriptions of these position are on the Service Opportunities Page
- Open 2010 Service Positions
- Alateen Chair
Outside Literature Sales
- Descriptions of these position are on the
Service Opportunities Page
- Sponsorship Seminar
- Saturday, October 23
1:00 – 3:00 PM
St. Paul’s United Methodist Church
700 Wesley Lane
- Founder’s Day Weekend 2010
- November 26, 27, & 28, 2010
DoubleTree Park Place Hotel
1500 Park Place Blvd
St. Louis Park
For more great upcoming events and open meetings, visit the
Events Page on this website.
The meeting adjourned around 8:24 PM with the Al-Anon Declaration.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR OFFICE AND BOOKSTORE.
YOUR PARTICIPATION IS APPRECIATED!
We can’t do it alone, but together we can make great things happen!
St. Paul Al-Anon/Alateen Intergroup Home Page |
Index of Available Minutes
Edited for the web and posted 19 October 2010