St. Paul Al-Anon/Alateen Intergroup
Minutes of the October 12th, 2010 Meeting
Our next meeting: 7 pm Tuesday November 9th,
2010 in room S127
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
The meeting convened at 7:05 pm with a moment of silence followed by the
Introductions and Roll Call
Present were the Vice Chair, the Treasurer, the Inside Literature Chair,
and the Newsletter Editor. There were Intergroup Representatives (IRs) or
their alternates from Summit Hill Wednesday 5 pm Al-Anon, Highland Saturday
10 am Al-Anon, Heights & Lights Al-Anon, Mendota Heights Al-Anon, and
Serenity Seekers Al-Anon in White Bear Lake.
There was a reading on Concept X (Service
responsibility is balanced by carefully defined service authority and
double-headed management is avoided.).
- Minutes of September meeting
- Approved with the correction that the total cost for the Fellowship
Weekend hospitality room was $568.43 taking into account
- Treasurer’s Report
- Approved. An appeal letter will be sent as soon as labels and stamps
can be applied.
- Who votes at Intergroup meetings?
- The voting members at Intergroup meetings are Intergroup Representatives (IRs), not Group Representatives (GRs). See the
Al-Anon/Alateen Service manual.
- Public outreach
- A public outreach project at Inver Hills Community College was
cancelled by the college.
- Literature at Gratitude Night and Founder’ Day
- Literature for sale at these events has been ordered.
- A request was received to order more medallions over 30 years
(we’re getting older).
- Gratitude Night
- Plans for this annual event are proceeding. The theme will be
“NAME THAT TUNE”. Speakers are confirmed, decoration plans
are proceeding, the sale of literature has been arranged, and a flier is
to be included in the Newsletter.
- Volunteer staffing
- This has been difficult due to illnesses. On the bright side, there
have been several new volunteers training and coming in each month.
- Minnesota South Area Assembly on October 2
- Literature sales were approximately $584.
- It is ready for printing and mailing. 150 will be printed and sent
- Bulk mailing permit
- The quantity needed and delivery priority will be further
- Nominations are in November
- There was a discussion of nomination procedures. A review of the
By-Laws is needed.
All 2011 Officer and Committee Chair positions will be open for nomination
at the November Meeting with election to be held at the December meeting.
- Officer positions
- Committee Chair positions
Inside (in office) Literature
Outside (off site) Literature
- Descriptions of these position are on the
Service Opportunities Page
The meeting adjourned around 8:10 PM with the Al-Anon Declaration.
- Sponsorship Seminar
- Saturday, October 23
1:00 – 3:00 PM
St. Paul’s United Methodist Church
700 Wesley Lane
- St. Paul Al-Anon/Alateen Intergroup Gratitude Night “NAME THAT
- November 13th at Presbyterian Church of the Way, 3382
Lexington Ave., Shoreview. This is an annual celebration with a potluck
at 6 pm and Al-Anon, Alateen and AA speakers at 7:15 pm.
- Founder’s Day Weekend 2010
- November 26, 27, & 28, 2010
DoubleTree Park Place Hotel
1500 Park Place Blvd
St. Louis Park
For more information on these and other events, visit the
Events Page on this website.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR OFFICE AND BOOKSTORE.
YOUR PARTICIPATION IS APPRECIATED!
We can’t do it alone, but together we can make great things happen!
St. Paul Al-Anon/Alateen Intergroup Home Page |
Index of Available Minutes
Edited for the web and posted 6 November 2010