St. Paul Al-Anon/Alateen Intergroup Meeting Minutes
July 12, 2011
The meeting opened at 7:00 pm with a moment of silence followed by the
A quorum of 7 Intergroup Representatives (IRs) was present.
- Chair pro tem and IR, Seekers of Compassion AFG
- Three members from Valley Creek Thursday Night AFG
- Acting Secretary and IR, Inner Peace AFG, Mahtomedi Thursday 11
- Group Liaison and IR, Fireside Al-Anon, Shoreview
- Treasurer and IR, Highland Saturday 10 am Al-Anon Adult
- Assistant Treasurer, webmaster and Alt IR, Midway Wednesday 6:30 pm
- Newsletter Editor and IR, Hdights and Lights Al-Anon, Thursday 7
- Literature Chair and IR, Summit Hill Monday 6pm AFG
With no abjection, a chair pro tem served for the meeting in the absence of
an Intergroup Chair.
The agenda was approved by consensus.
The Twelve Traditions, Twelve Concepts of Service and the General
Warranties were read round robin style.
- Service Positions
- The positions of Chair, Vice-Chair and Secretary are vacant. After
a brief recap of responsibilities, there were no nominations. Please
share this need with your groups. Inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Literature sales at upcoming events
- We will be selling Conference Approved Literature at Fellowship
Weekend (Sept. 2-3) and the October 1 Minnesota South Area Assembly
in Burnsville. Members are needed to staff these sales.
One member has volunteered to be available to sell if another would
prepare the bins for travel. Let fellow members know they are welcome
to stop at the literature table and have fun selling. No previous
- Fellowship Weekend Hospitality Suite
- The hospitality suite expense and space will be shared with the
Minneapolis Al-Anon/Alateen Information Service and the Minnesota South
Area. Details are not yet available on staffing times and food.
- An itemized report of activity for the period June 1 – July
12 was provided. After discussion and clarification, the report was
approved without objection. Checking and reserve balances held steady
the past month.
- Assistant Treasurer
- An itemized report of income for the first quarter was given. This
report demonstrated the erratic nature of sales adnd contributions from
members and groups. A helpful tool for developing a working budget
and/or targets for revenue vs. expense.
- Minutes provided by the June secretary pro tem were reviewed and
approved without objection
- There will be large orders in the coming weeks to ensure
availability of materials for the office and upcoming event sales.
- Speaker chair
- No report.
- Members are encouraged to visit www.al-anon-alateen-msp.org.
This is a shared site with
the Minneapolis Al-Anon/Alateen Information Services with up-to-date
meeting information, service opportunities, upcoming events and much,
much more. Members may wish to email the St. Paul Intergroup office at
questions or comments.
- Office Volunteers
- No report. It was noted there were 2 or 3 days left to fill in
- A deadline for the next newsletter was set for July 25. This would
allow for printing in time for the July 30 Ice Cream Social.
- Group Liaison
- In order to close the meeting in a timely fashion, the group
liaison volunteered to postpone reporting on the development of an
Intergroup email communication site.
Unfinished business – August agenda requests
- Reserve fund
- Discussion of what it should be
- Packets for members new to Intergroup Service
- Gratitude Night
- A traditional pot-luck celebration of Intergroup held in November
– reserving facility and initial planning are needed
The meeting adjourned at 8 pm with the Al-Anon Declaration.
Edited for the web 22 October 2011