St. Paul Al-Anon/Alateen Intergroup Meeting Minutes
July 12, 2011
The meeting opened at 7:00 pm with a moment of silence followed by the
A quorum of 7 Intergroup Representatives (IRs) was present.
- Chair (acting) and IR, Seekers of Compassion AFG
- IR, Summit Hill Wednesday 5 pm AFG
- Literature Chair and IR, Summit Hill Monday 6pm AFG
- Assistant Treasurer, webmaster and Alt IR, Midway Wednesday 6:30 pm
- Treasurer and IR, Highland Saturday 10 am Al-Anon Adult
- Member, Valley Creek Thursday AFG, Woodbury
- IR, Valley Creek Thursday AFG, Woodbury
- IR, Breakfast Club Toom AFG
- Newsletter Editor and IR, Hdights and Lights Al-Anon
The Twelve Traditions were read by all.
- Ice cream social (July 30, 2011) wrap-up
- Although attendance was pretty low (10-15), newcomers to Intergroup
service were in attendance. “Triple Dimer” envelopes were
available and a few contributions were made. We have one outstanding
reimbursement for postage; otherwise the event cost to Intergroup was
$75 (park fee). All other expenses were donated ($32.50).
- Literature sales at upcoming events
- Fellowship Weekend: A schedule for volunteers is being circulated
and two volunteers will oversee the delivery, set up, and return of
- October 1st Fall Election Assembly in Burnsville.
- Fellowship Weekend Hospitality Suite September 2–3
- Plans were made to provide lunch and dinner entrées Saturday
afternoon and evening. We will be serving pizza and sub sandwiches.
Thank you in advance for handling ordering and delivery. A call will go
out for members to bring dessert items. Minneapolis Information Service
will provide Friday night entré and breakfast on Saturday morning. The
Minnesota South Area will provide beverages throughout. Intergroup
members are encouraged to be available in the Hospitality Suite to
answer questions about service to St. Paul Intergroup. A display and
materials will be provided.
- Minutes of the July 12 meeting were approved without objection
with corrections to phone and email information. A non-voting member noted
she did not receive email of minutes. The acting chair will check into the
- The report included opening and closing balances. Deposits and
payments were noted as stable. All billing is current. It was
approved without objection.
- Assistant Treasurer
- Spread sheet of income was presented giving itemized summaries of
all income for the past 5 months. Special thanks to the volunteers who
are doing a bang up job or record keeping! The report were approved
- Group Liaison
- No report.
- It will be coming soon! A rough draft near completion and will be
reviewed by the acting chair and webmaster prior to printing.
- Office Volunteers
- No report. Note was made of the need for volunteers later in the
- Web site
- Ever expanding, improving and evolving with special note to check
out service opportunities. VISIT!
- A final order prior to Fellowship Weekend will be placed and will
include Spanish Newcomer Packets and books to ensure we have adequate
inventory for the office and upcoming sales events
- Newcomers to Intergroup Service
- Some form of Newcomer Packet for members new to Intergroup Service
- Clarification was given about eligibility: Al-Anon Members serving
as Group Representatives or Alternate Group Representatives may not be
dual members according to World Service Policy. Intergroup
Representatives are outside the World Service Structure in our area, so
there is no eligibility restriction. Some information about service
opportunities is available on our web site.
Unfinished business – September agenda requests
- Reserve fund
- Discussion of what it should be (from July meeting)
- Gratitude Night
- A traditional potluck celebration of Intergroup held in November
– reserving facility and initial planning needed (from July meeting)
The meeting adjourned at 7:45 pm with the Al-Anon Declaration.
Edited for the web 22 October 2011