St. Paul Al-Anon Intergroup Business Meeting
Minutes – October 11, 2011
The meeting opened at 7:00 pm with the Serenity Prayer
A quorum of 6 Intergroup Representatives (IRs) was present.
- Acting Chair and IR, Seekers of Compassion AFG
- Assistant Treasurer, webmaster and Alt IR, Midway Wednesday 6:30 pm
- Literature Chair and IR, Summit Hill Monday AFG
- IR, Summit Hill Wednesday AFG
- Treasurer and IR, Highland Saturday 10 am Al-Anon Adult
- IR, Serenity Seekers of White Bear Lake Al-Anon
Concept Ten sharings from The Forum (2009
and 2010) were read.
- Service Positions
- The 2011 positions still open are Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary. All
in attendance were given information sheets on duties and time
commitments for each position and encouraged to invite capable members.
Nominations for 2012 positions will be held at the November meeting
with elections in December.
- Literature sales at October 1 Assembly
- Due to a misunderstanding, St. Paul Intergroup did not sell
literature at the assembly. Minneapolis Information Services maintained
its normal rotation after filling our request to cover the Spring
assembly. We did provide Service Manuals and Spanish Courage to Change for sale.
- Gratitude Night
- Plans are underway for the annual Gratitude Night celebration.
Speakers have been confirmed, a theme is being developed and a budget
was established. Flyers will be in the mail shortly, together with an
- Public Outreach
- Intergroup will participate in two events in October. The first is
sponsored by the Hamm Clinic in conjunction with the Landmark Center on
October 12. This is the 3rd annual event for businesses and residents
in downtown St. Paul. Second will be a resource fair October 27 at the
Dakota County jail in which we have participated in the past.
- Minutes of the September meeting were approved without
- Treasurer and Assistant Treasurer
- Reports were given and approved without objection. While
contributions and revenues from sale of literature remain constant, a
small increase in rent and payment of sales taxes for 2009 and 2010 have
drawn down reserves. An appeal letter will be drafted and mailed along
with the gratitude night flyer. Discussion of a prudent reserve target
was tabled until we can trend upward. “What do they (St. Paul
Intergroup) do with the money?” is a common question. We will continue
to explore ways to inform our membership.
- Orders continue about every 2 weeks. Note was made that we have
very little reserve inventory. The soft cover How Al-Anon Works is
very popular. However, it was noted we net only about $.42 per sale,
much less than the hard cover edition. This is partly because we
receive no case discount when ordering it from WSO. We were
cc’d on a letter a New York Intergroup sent to the WSO
expressing their concerns about this issue.
- Office Volunteers
- There are 3 dates open for office volunteers this month. Check the
AIS/IG web site for office volunteer opportunities.
- No report. The next publication will be in January or February
- Group Liaison/Speaker Chair
- No report
The meeting adjourned at 8:10 with the Al-Anon Declaration.
Edited for the web 20 October 2011