St. Paul Al-Anon Intergroup Business Meeting
Minutes – November 8, 2011
The meeting opened at 7:02 pm with the Serenity Prayer
- Roll call
- Acting Chair and IR, Seekers of Compassion AFG
IR, Serenity Seekers of White Bear Lake Al-Anon
Assistant Treasurer, webmaster and Alt IR, Midway Wednesday 6:30 pm
IR, Summit Hill Wednesday AFG
Treasurer and IR, Highland Saturday 10 am Al-Anon Adult
It was noted there was not a quorum of representatives (5% of 110 groups =
6); thus no decisions would be binding.
Sharings from The Forum (2009 and 2010) on
Concept Eleven (The World Service Office is composed
of selected committees, executives and staff members) were read.
- There is no secretary at this time. Minutes from the October meeting
were approved without objection. A member volunteered to record minutes
from this meeting.
- Treasurer and Assistant Treasurer
- All sales taxes from 2009 and 2010 are now paid in full. Bills are
current. Trends remain stable for sales and contributions. Office
volunteers are doing a great job of recording sales and making change!
Procedures are now in place for tax exempt purchases. The reports were
approved without objection.
- Office Volunteers
- No report. It was noted there were a few days remaining open for
November office staffing.
- No report. Receipts for reimbursement of the previous newsletter
are in process.
- Web site
- All are encouraged to check it out. Meetings/events/service
opportunities/Intergroup minutes and much more are available. The
Intergroup home page is www.al-anon-alateen-msp.org/pages/SPIGHome/. Intergroup
Email is email@example.com.
- Inside Literature
- No report
- Event Literature
- Packed and ready for Gratitude Night
- Group Liaison
- No report
- Speaker Chgair
- No report
- Public Outreach
- St. Paul Al-Anon Intergroup volunteers attended the Dakota County
Jail Resource Fair and a Health & Wellness Fair in downtown St. Paul
this past month.
- Gratitude Night
- It was decided to repeat last year’s theme “Name That
Tune”. This entertainment program will last 20–30 minutes.
Child care provider(s) are being sought. The acting chair will speak of
our financial state and need for member participation.
- Nominations for 2012 officers
- Nominations were made for treasurer and assistant treasurer
There were no nominations made for chair, vice-chair or secretary.
Elections will be top priority for the December 13th meeting.
- Elections at December 13 meeting
- The election process and procedure was reviewed.
- The Intergroup by-Laws have not been reviewed since 2004. Copies
were made available to those attending. Some opening discussion
regarding our bond, check signers and service chair positions took
place. Agenda time will be given each month until the review is
complete and approved changes are made.
- Reserve (ample/prudent)
- Discussion was tabled.
The meeting adjourned at 8:05 pm with the Al-Anon Declaration.
Edited for the web 28 November 2011