St. Paul Al-Anon Intergroup Service Meeting
Minutes – July 10, 2012
The meeting opened at 7:00 pm with the Serenity Prayer and introductions.
- Chair, IR Seekers of Compassion Al-Anon
Vice Chair, IR, Summit Hill Wednesday 5 pm Al-Anon
Treasurer, Alt IR Summit Hill Wednesday 5 pm Al-Anon
Assistant Treasurer, Midway Wednesday 6:30 pm Al-Anon
IR for Midway Wednesday 6:30 Al-Anon
Literature Chair, IR Summit Hill Monday 6 pm Al-Anon
Chair of Minneapolis Al-Anon/Alateen Informations Services
- It was noted that there was NOT a quorum (5% of 110 groups = 6) of
Intergroup Representatives present.
- Tradition Seven and Concept Seven were read from the July 2012
issue of The Forum.
- She reported she had notified the Minnesota South Area of our
scheduled 2013 service meetings as well as requesting office hours be
included with information about St. Paul Intergroup in the Area
- A letter was sent to Dex One requesting the statement that
there was 24 hour answering service available be struck from all
listings. She requested that our web address be substituted if there
would be no additional monthly fees.
- She also reported that there have been no responses to the request
for input from the groups on the issue of bonding signatories on the
checking account. A draft proposal of revised bylaws will be submitted
for review next month.
- It was noted that while the ordering deadline for Al-Anon Faces
Alcoholism 2013 has passed, there has been a reprinting done in the
past. Also, copies might be obtained or shared with the area and
Minneapolis Information Services.
- Vice Chair
- She updated plans for our annual Gratitude Night (November 10,
2012) with the theme “Name That Tune.”
- June minutes prepared by the Chair were reviewed and accepted with
the following corrections to the Vice Chair’ report: Gratitude
Night will be on November 10
- It was also noted that the secretary position is open and that it
is an elected position. Consider nominations.
- The June expense report was reviewed. It was noted we had not yet
paid for our share of the hospitality suite at Fellowship Weekend.
- Assistant Treasurer
- June income was reviewed. There were sales of $2,645.66.
- The Treasurer’s and Assistant Treasurer’s reports were
approved without objection.
- She reported a new shipment is coming in. It was noted a
shipment of free materials arrived from the World Service Office,
replenishing our office supply.
- Event sales
- Coming up, Gratitude Night (11/10), Founder’s Day Weekend
(Thanksgiving) and District 20 potluck (January 2013).
- Group Liaison
- No report.
- Liaison to Minnesota South Area
- The Chair will attend the Delegate Report Assembly July 21.
- No report.
- Office Volunteers
- Many days remain open in July. The Intergroup Chair and the Office
Volunteer Chair will work on updating the volunteer call sheet. We
currently have only about 15 active volunteers.
- Speaker Chair
- No report.
- Web site/Directory
- Reminder to visit the website and explore all that it offers. You
can check out upcoming events on
- Questions/Group Concerns
- It was noted there was a motion and second with affirmative vote
that St. Paul Intergroup purchase and provide up to 15 copies of How
Al-Anon Works for the Dakota County Jail.
- Fellowship weekend hospitality room
- Dinner Friday and Breakfast Saturday are our responsibility this year.
The chair suggested a budget of $200 and requested ideas and input from
members for consideration next month.
- A draft proposal is targeted for the August meeting.
- Open service positions
- The open positions are chairs for Alateen, Archives, Liaison to
Minnesota South Area, Public Outreach, Institutions, and Event Sales.
Check the Intergroup web page
for descriptions of these positions. All
are appointed by the Intergroup Chair.
- The Intergroup Secretary is an elected position which is unfilled.
Nominations are open.
The meeting adjourned with the Al-Anon
Edited for the web 28 January 2013