St. Paul Al-Anon Intergroup Service Meeting
Minutes – August 14, 2012
The meeting opened at 7:00 pm with the Serenity Prayer and introductions.
- Chair, IR Seekers of Compassion Al-Anon
Treasurer, Alt IR Summit Hill Wednesday 5 pm Al-Anon
Assistant Treasurer, Midway Wednesday 6:30 pm Al-Anon
IR for Midway Wednesday 6:30 Al-Anon
Literature Chair, IR Summit Hill Monday 6 pm Al-Anon
Group Liaison Chair, IR Innter Peace Thursday 11 am Al-Anon
IR Uptown Monday 8 pm Al-Anon
It was noted that there was a quorum (5% of 110 groups = 6) of Intergroup
- She attended the AWSC meeting Aug. 4 and the District 19-22 meeting
Aug. 11, encouraging members to participate in St. Paul Intergroup
activities. She also invited participation from Forest Lake members
when attending their annual pig roast/speaker meeting. District 19-22
made a financial contribution in response to appeal for cookies, cakes,
snacks, etc. for the Fellowship Weekend hospitality room.
- Vice Chair
- No report, absent due to illness.
- The July minutes were reviewed and accepted without objection. The
Chair will continue providing minutes until such time as a member is
willing to be elected to serve as secretary.
- The July expense report was reviewed. Income for July was reported
at $2,734.81 and expenses $2,074.08 with a net gain of $660.73.
Suggestions were made to clarify expenses on report. The report was
approved without objection.
- Assistant Treasurer
- July income was reviewed. The report was approved without
- Event sales
- Events at which we will sell literature include the Minnesota South
Area Assembly (10/4), Gratitude Night (11/10), Founder’s Day Weekend
(11/24) and District 20 potluck (Jan. 2013).
- Group Liaison
- She visited two groups with information about Intergroup and was
- Liaison to Minnesota South Area
- A summary handout was provided. The 2012 Conference Summary is now
available on-line at the WSO members web site
- A new order was sent to WSO last week. We will need additional
orders in September as we plan for upcoming event sales.
- The Chair reported that the plan is for a September newsletter.
Submissions are requested on several topics and personal sharings.
- Office Volunteers
- There are still 6 or 7 open days on the calendar in August. An updated
volunteer list is being produced as there are only 15-20 active
volunteers at this time.
- Speaker Chair
- No report.
- Web site/Directory
- Reminder to visit the website and explore all that it offers. You
can check out upcoming events on
- A draft proposal was reviewed. There were many suggestions for
content and clarity to be taken up at September meeting.
- Insurance update
- The Treasurer and Assistant Treasurer will continue exploring
insurance coverage for office content, personal injury and officer
liability. Risk and benefit must be weighed against the reality of
- Hospitality room at Fellowship Weekend
- Dinner Friday and Breakfast Saturday are our responsibility in the
Hospitality Suite this year. The Chair suggested a budget of $150
offering cold vegetable/cheese/meet kabobs for Friday evening and
oatmeal with condiments and fruit for Saturday breakfast. She will
oversee food preparation but would like others to step forward to
deliver and serve.
- Open House
- Planning is under way for October with the date to be determined
- Open service positions
- The open positions are chairs for Alateen, Archives, Liaison to
Minnesota South Area, Public Outreach, Institutions, and Event Sales.
Check the Intergroup web page
fordescriptions of these positions. All
are appointed by the Intergroup Chair.
- The Intergroup Secretary is an elected position. Nominations are
The meeting adjourned at 8:10 pm with the Al-Anon
Edited for the web 13 September 2012