St. Paul Al-Anon Intergroup Meeting
Minutes – December 11, 2012
The meeting was called to order at 7:00pm with a moment of silence followed
by the Serenity Prayer.
- Vice Chair, IR Summit Hill Wednesday 5 pm Al-Anon
Assistant Treasurer, alt IF, Midway Wednesday 6:30 pm Al-Anon
Literature Chair, IR Summit Hill Monday 6 pm Al-Anon
Group Liaison Chair and IR, Mahtomedi Inner Peace Thursday 11:00 am Al-Anon
It was noted a quorum (5% of 111 groups = 6) of Intergroup Representatives
(IRs) was NOT present.
In the absence of the chair, the Assistant Treasurer chaired the meeting.
The Inner Peace IR volunteered to take minutes in the absence of a
- Questions and concerns
- No concerns were expressed
- Chair: The Assistant Treasurer announced
that the 2012 Chair was not willing to continue in that position.
- Assistant Treasurer: The current
Assistant Treasurer is willing to serve again.
- Treasurer: The current
Treasurer is willing to serve again.
- Vice Chair: The current
Vice Chair is not willing to serve again.
- Secretary: No one has expressed
willingness to take this position,
- Literature Chair: The current chair is
willing to serve again.
- Additional positions: Responsibilities
were discussed. It was clarified that dual members are eligible to
serve as Intergroup officers and chairs. The Group Liaison chair is
willing to serve as an officer and will be considering over the next month
which position would be a good fit. Members were encouraged to spread the
word that Intergroup has many open service positions.
- Although the bylaws prescribe that elections take place at the
December meeting, no action was taken given the absence of a
- No report
- Vice Chair
- Positive feedback was received about Gratitude Night. A reminder that
we can never have enough bottled water!
- There was no copy of the minutes from the previous meeting. This
position has been unfilled for several months.
- Treasurer/Assistant Treasurer
- In the absence of the Treasurer, the Assistant Treasurer reviewed
- No report
- Office volunteers and Speakers
- Both current chairs would like to rotate out of their positions.
- There is now an Alateen navigation button on many of the pages.
This should make it easier to get information about Alateen.
- Group liaison
- No report.
- Event sales
- Districts 19-22 have a potluck on January 19 where they would like
to have literature sold.
- Liaison to Minnesota South Area
- The AWSC meeting is 2/2/2013 and the Spring Assembly is 4/6/13.
- We have placed quite a few literature orders and are selling a lot
The meeting adjourned with the Al-Anon Declaration at 8:00 pm.
Edited for the web 28 January 2013