St. Paul Al-Anon Intergroup Meeting
Minutes – January 8, 2013
The meeting was called to order at 7:00pm with a moment of silence followed
by the Serenity Prayer.
- Chair pro tem, IR Seekers of Compassion Al-Anon
Secretary pro tem, IR Uptown Monday 8 pm Al-Anon
Treasurer, IR Summit Hill Wednesday 5 pm
Assistant Treasurer, Alternate IR Midway Wednesday 6:30 pm Al-Anon
Literature Chair, IR Summit Hill Monday 6 pm Al-Anon
Member, Inner Peace Thursday 11 am Al-Anon
Alternate IR, Inner Peace Thursday 11 am Al-Anon
IR, Steps to Inner Peace Saturday 11 am Al-Anon
Member, Steps to Inner Peace Saturday 11 am Al-Anon
IR Your Are Not Alone Al-Anon
A quorum (5% of 111 groups = 6) of Intergroup Representatives (IRs) was present.
- A member of Inner Peace Thursday Al-Anon was elected
- Vice Chair
- A member of Steps to Inner Peace Al-Anon was elected
- The 2012 Treasurer was elected unanimously to a second term
- Assistant Treasurer
- The 2012 Assistant Treasurer was elected unanimously to a second
- No one was elected, but the secretary pro tem said she would give
serious consideration to being secretary.
Revision of Bylaws
- It was explained that there had been discussion of needed changes
to bylaws starting in 2011 and that the proposed revision had been put
on the web after groups were notified through the Newsletter.
- There was considerable discussion on the change in the requirement
that check signers be bonded. The previous bylaws said they “must
be bonded”; the revised bylaws read they “may be bonded.”
- Paper ballots were counted by non voting members.
- The vote count was 5 for accepting the proposed new bylaws and 1
against. Thus the motion to accept the amendments
to the bylaws passed by a 2/3 majority as required by the
- She provided a one page summary of Intergroup’s year. This
included a count of volunteers (23), the month by month count of days when
the office was staffed (240 out of 304 days for the year), the total
sales ($20,872), the approximate profit on sales ($3,130), the amount
of individual $1,238) and group ($9,692) contributions, the monthly
fixed expenses (approximately $1,000) and the cost of special events
such as Gratitude night and hospitality room at Fellowship weekend
- Everyone expressed thanks for the chair’s service
- Treasurer and Assistant Treasurerr
- The Treasurer reported that the state is requiring us to change from annual
to quarterly sales tax payments. We owe $1,140.84 for 2012 which will
take a bite out of our balance.
- The Assistant Treasurer gave a detailed report on sales and
contributions for December with totals for all of 2012.
- The reports were approved unanimously.
The meeting adjourned with the Al-Anon Declaration at 8:00 pm.
The next meeting will be February 12 at 7 pm at the Griggs Midway building.
Edited for the web 22 January 2013