St. Paul Al-Anon Intergroup Meeting
Minutes – March 12, 2013
The meeting was called to order at 7:00pm with a moment of silence followed
by the Serenity Prayer.
- Chair, Inner Peace Thursday 11 am Al-Anon
Treasurer, IR Summit Hill Wednesday 5 pm
Secretary. IR, Uptown Monday 8 pm Al-Anon
IR. You Are Not Alone Al-Anon
Assistant Treasurer, Alternate IR, Midway Wednesday 6:30 pm Al-Anon
MN South Area Liaison, IR, Compassion Al-Anon, St. Paul
Vice Chair, IR, Uptown Tuesday 6:30 Al-Anon
Member, Inner Peace Thursday 11 am Al-Anon
IR, Steps to Inner Peace Saturday 11 am Al-Anon
A quorum (>= 5% of 111 groups = 6) of Intergroup Representatives (IRs) was present.
There was a reading on Step/Tradition/Concept 3.
- 1. Substantial Unanimity
- It is listed as at least 2/3 majority per Intergroup bylaws. Do we
want to keep or increase this? A motion was made and seconded to keep
2/3 majority. It passed unanimously.
- 2. Annual Audit
- The Chair suggested the Assistant Treasurer and another person review
the Treasurer and the Treasurer and another person review the Assistant
Treasurer. At least 2 months of the Treasury reports will be reviewed.
A motion was made, seconded and voted that this be done. The IR from
Inner Peace Al-Anon volunteered to be the additional member of the
- 3. Office Volunteer Manual online?
- There was discussion on this topic. The web chair will put this
online as no one opposes the idea.
- 4. Appeal letter needed?
- Last year we sent out 2 appeals. The last was sent in September or
October, 2012. It was proposed that appeals be sent at different times
than the newsletter. We discussed the increasing use of email and web
communication. Should we send email appeal? When is the newsletter
going to go out? It was moved, seconded and passed that an appeal
letter be sent. The treasurers will send this letter out to the hard
copy mailing list.
- 5. Upcoming Events with SPIG participation requested
- Inver Hills Community College Fair, 4/16. 10:30. Two volunteers
will staff this booth.
- Sibley High School Wellness Fair, 4/26, 12-3pm. Two volunteers
- We will not sell literature at the Area Assembly, Rochester,
4/6. Rochester has a Literature Distribution Center so we do not
need to sell literature at this event. Two members will be
attending and offered rides.
- 6. Goal setting for 2013
- 4th Step Workshop: There will be a
committee to create this event for the summer, chaired by the Vice
Char. Two others volunteered to be on the committee. Others
welcome to join.
- Gratitude Night: Reserve the facility
in Shoreview and make sure that we do not conflict with AA
Gratitude Night. It should be close the 2nd Saturday in November.
- 7. Questions and concerns
- Having Had A Spiritual Awakening is now
available as an Ebook. This is the first Al-Anon book to be available as
- She reported all her news in the business section.
- Vice Chair
- She will check on Gratitude Night and set up the 4th Step
- She had nothing to report. The minutes from last month were approved with
the change of replacing Assistant Treasurer with Vice Treasurer where
- She transferred money to the reserve account as discussed last
month and paid monthly bills.
- Assistant Treasurer
- February was a slow month. He suggested that it might be
interesting to see number of days open was related to the amount of
sales so as to see how greatly this affects our bottom line.
- We NEED contributions for the newsletter. Can everyone write a
story for this? Many people volunteered.
- Office Volunteers
- There are 4 days still open for Office Volunteers in March, the
18th, 23rd, 26th & 28th.
- Speaker Chair
- He has indicated he would like to be replaced if someone new is
- The web chair hopes to have a link to an on-line map for every
- Group Liaison
- OPEN POSITION
- Event Sales
- OPEN POSITION
- Liaison to Minnesota South Area Assembly
- A past delegate and Al-Anon trustee from Minnesota passed away the
previous Friday. She had been in Al-Anon 41 years and served in many
The meeting adjourned at 8:05 pm with the Al-Anon Declaration.
The next meeting will be April 9 at 7 pm at the Griggs Midway building.
Edited for the web 30 March 2013