St. Paul Al-Anon Intergroup Meeting
Minutes – May 14, 2013
The meeting opened with the Serenity Prayer.
Chair, IR Inner Peace Thursday 11 am Al-Anon
Treasurer, IR Summit Hill Wednesday 5 pm
Secretary, IR, Uptown Monday 8 pm Al-Anon
MN South Area Liaison, Office Manager and Event Sales, IR, Compassion Al-Anon, St. Paul
Vice Chair, IR Uptown Tuesday 6:30 A A;-Anon
Literature Chair, IR Summit Hill Monday 6 pm AL-Anon
Member, Inner Peace Thursday 11 am Al-Anon
Member, Uptown Thursday 9:30 am Al-Anon
Member, White Bear Lake
It was noted there was a quorum of representatives (at least 5% of 110)
There was a reading on Tradition/Concept 5.
- 1. Fellowship Weekend
- Our portion for the hospitality suite we share with the Minneapolis
Information Services and the MN South Area Assembly is $125. We are
responsible for lunch and dinner on Saturday this year in the
hospitality room. When we served dinner and breakfast last year we
spent $150. We are responsible for selling Literature this year at the
event. The weekend is 4 pm Friday August 30th through 11 pm Saturday
August 31st. A motion was made, seconded and voted to authorize payment
for our portion of the hospitality suite.
- 2. Newsletter
- The Chair and Newsletter editor did not work on the newsletter, so
it is not ready. We would like articles for the newsletter. We
discussed and decided that we are comfortable asking for Literature
donations in the newsletter. People who are new to their service
positions this year should write a brief article introducing themselves
for the newsletter.
- 3. Open service positions
- Alateen Liasion: This position works between Intergroup and
the Area Alateen Coordinator and St. Paul Alateen groups. It
requires a 3 to 5 hour monthly time commitment
- Archives: Organizational work as
- Group Liaison: 3 to 5 hours monthly
time commitment to get information out to new groups in our
- Institutions: Liaison to legal and
public information sources; also works to bring meetings o
institutions. A 3 to 5 hour monthly time commitment.
- Public Information: 3 to 5 hour
monthly time commitment
- 4. Questions/Concerns
- Q: How can a group join in & host
- A: Contact District 19-22 as they are in
charge of this with the Beginners Meeting Steering Committee and you
can be added to the yearly schedule for a 3-6 week committment
- The Chair and the Assistant Treasurer went to Sibley High School
with Alateen information. Someone also went to the Inver Hills
Community College Health Fair. Al-Anon Faces
Alcoholosim 2014 copies should be ordered for distribution by
July. We usually order a case.
- Vice Chair
- For Gratitude Night in November 9th we still need an Al-Anon
speaker and Alateen speakers. The sponsor of the Uptown Alateen group
will be asked about finding Alateen speakers.
- Minutes for the April meeting were not available but the Vice
Chair who served as temporary secretary of the meeting said they would
be available within the week.
- The Treasurer reviewed the audit and stated that they found an April
shortage $11.11. In the audit it was found that a check from last year
has not been cashed.
- An appeal letter has been drafted. After it was read at the
meeting, it was felt that it did not accurately reflect the extent of
our financial needs. It will be reworked and
- It was moved, seconded and voted to accept the
Treasurer’s and Assistant Treasurer’s reports.
- Assistant Treasurer
- He was not present but had sent in a report which was summarized
by the Treasurer.
- Work in progress. We need articles
- Office Volunteers
- We are still short of office volunteers 3 to 4 days per month. That
is, the office is closed 3 to 4 day per month. Volunteers work from
12-4 and can work in pairs for companionship/service. A calendar of
unstaffed days is on the website. A link is on the left side of the
- Group Liaison
- This position is open.
- Event sales
- A workshop on Sponsorship will be hosted by District 19-22 is
August 10th. We may be asked to sell Literature at this event..
- We had a shipment recently and should be sitting well.
- Group Liaison
- The position is currently open, but a member is seriously
considering doing it.
The meeting adjourned at 8:00 pm with the Al-Anon Declaration.
The next meeting will be June 11 at 7 pm at the Griggs Midway building.
Edited for the web 3 July 2013