St. Paul Al-Anon Intergroup Meeting
Minutes – June 11, 2013
The meeting was convened at 7:02 pm with the Serenity Prayer.
- Chair, Inner Peace Thursday 11 am Al-Anon
Treasurer, IR Summit Hill Wednesday 5 pm
Assistant Treasurer, Alternate IR, Midway Wednesday 6:30 pm Al-Anon
MN South Area Liaison and Office Manager, IR, Compassion Al-Anon, St. Paul
Member, Inner Peace Thursday 11 am Al-Anon
IR, Uptown Thursday 9:30 am Al-Anon
It was noted we did not have a quorum of representatives (6 of 110) to
conduct substantive business.
The June 11 page in Courage to Change was read.
- 1. Outreach to Ramsey Junior High
- Responding to a phone inquiry to the office, Intergroup has
established a contact with a social worker at Ramsey Jr. High about
potential Alateen participation in or with the school.
- 2. Al-Anon Faces Alcoholism 2014 booklet
- This will be ordered and purchased. The quantity will be 100
English and 25 Spanish. An additional 100 will be purchased by a group
which allows for a $5 saving for bulk quantities. The purchase was
moved, seconded and passed unanimously. Public and professional
outreach projects using this publication continue.
- 3. Literature pricing update
- While specific pricing changes were not available at the meeting,
moderate increases to many of our books and some pamphlets were
- 4. District workshop
- A Sponsorship workshop to be hosted by district 19-22 on August 10
was noted. Flyers have been mailed to all groups in greater St. Paul
and complete information will be made available on our website
- 5. Fellowship weekend
- A request for volunteers for the weekend event, as well as for
volunteers to help sell literature was noted. Our Vice-Chair is
responsible for hospitality suite participation, specifically lunch and
evening meals on Saturday. Two others offered to assist. It was
noted Intergroup has paid their portion of room expense ($125). All
were encouraged to register early as Fellowship Weekend cash flow is
critically shy of need.
- 6. Office volunteers
- June is looking about normal for office coverage (typically shy
3-4 days each month). It was noted we have 2 new volunteers in
- 7. Newsletter
- Discussion about the value and use of a newsletter led to
agreement to pursue a publication as soon as possible.
- She regretted no having provided an agenda prior to the meeting.
- Vice Chair
- No report.
- No report. After review of May minutes, the addition of a line
specific to the vice-chair responsibility for participation in the
shared hospitality suite should be added. It was moved, seconded and
voted unanimously to approve the May minutes as amended.
- We continue to meet expenses with revenue from sale of literature
and contributions. It was moved, seconded and voted to accept the
report as given.
- Assistant Treasurer
- May income from contributions and sales fall within a normal range.
No contributions specific to the appeal letter sent within the past
week have been recorded. It was moved, seconded and voted to accept the
report as given.
- Speaker Chair
- No report.
- Visit early and often. Nothing specific to report.
- Event Sales
- Will work with the literature chair to ensure adequate materials
will be available for Fellowship Weekend and normal office needs.
- Liaison to Minnesota South Area Assembly
- Our area delegate’s husband passed last Saturday. Our
condolences to her and her family.
- No report. It was noted we are to receive shipment of a large order
in the next day or two. A medallion inventory has been done so an order
can be placed soon.
- a request was made for materials to be provided at Hazelfest, an
event sponsored by Hazelden. They requested materials from A.A. and,
with their permission, we would like to provide Al-Anon materials. We
will provide free and nominally priced materials as a public outreach
The meeting adjourned at 8:02 pm with the Al-Anon Declaration.
The next meeting will be July 9 at 7 pm at the Griggs Midway building.
Edited for the web 2 July 2013