St. Paul Al-Anon/Alateen Intergroup
September 10, 2013 Meeting Minutes
The meeting was convened at 7:00 pm with the Serenity Prayer.
- Chair, Inner Peace Thursday 11 am Al-Anon
Vice Chair, IR, Uptown Tuesday 6:30 A
Secretary, IR, Uptown Monday 8 pm Al-Anon
Assistant Treasurer, IR Midway 6:30 pm
IR, Compassion Al-Anon, St. Paul
Literature Chair, IR, Summit Hill Monday 6 pm Al-Anon
IR, Inner Peace Thursday 11 am Al-Anon
- 1. Upcoming Events
- a. Fellowship weekend (debrief): Food prep was stressful for the
Vice Chair because only one person showed up to help. She isn’t
willing to do it again alone for upcoming events.
- b. 4th Step Workshop: It will be at the Recovery Church
on St. Paul’s West Side (253 State St) from 2-4 on Oct 12.
Members present volunteered to talk about their experience using Blueprint for Progress and Paths to Recovery. A member volunteered to make
a flyer. For planning we are guessing attendance may be around 30-50
people. Mailing cost around $80 to advertise to groups. It was decided
that we should pay this cost and mail out flyers.
- c. Gratitude night: The speakers have been found, they are Kit and
Charmaine S. Someone volunteered to will look for Alateen speakers. We
need to make a flyer by mid September. We will need to bring plates,
plastic wear and beverages to the event. It will be held November 9 in
Shoreview at the Presbyterian Church of the Way, 3382 Lexington Ave. N.
There is a 6 pm potluck with speakers to follow. Decorations and fun
were discussed and the Vice Chair will work on this.
- 2. Office issues
- a. Telephone: Comcast’s proposal is about what we currently pay but
taxes and fees were not included in the proposed price. A wireless
router has been purchased for $32.00. This will be useful to volunteers
with smart phones and tablets.
- b. Copier: The proposal from the salesman was for a lease. The person
who met with the salesman would not recommend this option. He would
recommend buying a refurbished copier outright. If we purchase a good
copier we might be able save the money we now pay other businesses to
make copies for us.
- 3. Newsletter
- The editor sent word that she has not received any articles. The
secretary said she sent hers and never heard back;, she will follow up
on this. The Assistant Treasurer will send a thank you list for group
contributions to include in the newsletter. The Vice Chair will send
her articles. Who we mail the newsletter to depends on how much money
we want to spend. It was decided to send it to the entire list which
includes 110 groups and 83 individuals. The Directory
Chair will print mailing labels.
- She is resigning as Chair as she has taken a new work position.
She questions whether Intergroup is able to function with the little
participation that we have from groups and the over working of current
- Vice Chair
- See above under Upcoming Events
- The minutes have been approved from the last meeting.
- She will give a report when she returns next month from vacation.
- Assistant Treasurer
- His report includes fellowship weekend and it was a very good
month. Literature and medallion sales totaled $4,763.85 and $76.56,
respectively. Total contributions totalled $705.32, including $23 from
refused change at Fellowship weekend. This was somewhat low. It was
moved, seconded and voted unanimously to approve the report. .
- Literature is ordered about every two weeks; there was nothing
special to report.
- Some aspects of the website are being cleaned up. We may get
links to maps for each meeting.
The meeting closed at 8:05 pm with the Al-Anon Declaration.
The next meeting will be October 8 at 7 pm at the Griggs Midway building.
Edited for the web 1 October 2013