St. Paul Al-Anon/Alateen Intergroup
Minutes of Intergroup Meeting November 12, 2013
The meeting was convened at 7:00 pm with the Serenity Prayer.
- Vice Chair and acting Chair, IR, Uptown Tuesday 6:30 pm A
Secretary, IR Uptown Monday 8 pm
Treasurer, IR, Summit Hill Wednesday 5 pm
Assistant Treasurer, IR Midway 6:30 pm
IR, Inner Peace Thursday 11 am Al-Anon
Speaker chair, IR, Fireside Al-Anon
IR, Compassion Al-Anon, St. Paul
IR, Superior St. Al-Anon
Member, Uptown WSaturday 12:30
Member, Uptown Tuesday 9:30 am
- 1. Recap of recent Events
- a. 4th Step Workshop
- It was successful. Attendance was about 30. It went well and
the presentations were good. This could be repeated again.
- b. Gratitude Night
- It was last weekend and the tables were all full. The food and
speakers were good. Next time we could start the game earlier and
have fewer songs, maybe 12 not 30.
- Gifts (books) were given to the
winning table of the game, this should not be repeated next year as
it is too expensive; use love gifts instead.
- One larger food table would be helpful as well as greeters
standing at the doors. We ran out of regular coffee; make more
than 55 cups next year and less decaf.
- 2. Office issues
- Copier: We are still looking into options for a new copier to make
copies of newsletters and flyers (about 150 at a time) that are currently
copied at a store.
- Computer: An Al-Anon member who has helped with our computer in the
past has indicated he plans to donate a Windows 7 Computer to replace
our current XP computer at the office.
- 3. Nominations for 2014
- Our bylaws prescribe that nominations for Intergroup officers for
the following year start at the November meeting. Additional
nominations may be made at the December meeting at which the actual
elections take place.
- The Treasurer and Assistant Treasurer are at the end of 2 years in
their positions so those positions need to be replaced by new
- The Vice Chair and Acting Chair was nominated for the 2014 Chair.
The nomination was seconded.
- THe Treasurer nominated herself as 2014 Treasurer. The nomination
was seconded after there was consensus that the two year limitation
could be set aside.
- The current Secretary was renominated for another term. She said
she would be willing only if the position was shared. Another member
volunteered to share the duties of Secretary. He was nominated as
co-Secretary and both nominations were seconded.
- There were no nominations for the Assistant Treasurer postion. It
takes about 45 minutes to 1 hour per week. It is most conventient for
someone who volunteers at the office.
- The current Speaker Chair said he would be willing to continue in
that position. It is not elective.
- 4. Gratutude Night
- Fireside Al-Anon, which meets at the Presbyterian Church of the Way
where Gratitude Night has been held in recent hears, has indicated
willingness to be responsible for planning it. The issue was tabled
until next year.
- 5. Founder’s Day literature sales
- One of the Al-Anon co-chairs for Founder’s Day wants Al-Anon
literature to be available. She is willing to be in charge of sales
there herself. A motion was made and seconded to approve the
- Vice Chair, Acting Chair
- Her report was part of earlier discussion. She suggested we all
share the news that all groups should send an Intergroup
Representative to the monthly meetings.
- Minutes of the October meeting were reviewed. A motion was made
and seconded to approve the minutes after a few typographical errors
were pointed out.
- The Treasurer reported total assets $12,345. Total income for last month
was $1,102. This was less than the total expenses which
included a quarterly sales tax payment of $657. The yearly total
excess of income over expenses
is currently $1,024.
- How to receive reimbursements for Intergroup expenses: There is a
form to fill out for reimbursements that the Treasurer has. It is also
available in the office.
- Assistant Treasurer
- Total sales were higher than expected for the month at $2,091.
Contributions were about average at $920.
- No report. No one has heard anything from the Newsletter editor.
- Office Volunteers
- Open position
- Speaker Chair
- Everything is fine.
- Web site/Directory
- The website is up to date. On the front page there is a link to
the office volunteers calendar and open dates. A great service
opportunity is to answer phones after hours at home. He is working on
updating the Intergroup email list.
- Public Outreach
- A member staffed a table at a Resource Fair for inmates at the
Dakota County Jail.
- No report
- Group Liaison
- Event Sales
- Liaison Minnesota South Area
The meeting closed at 8:08 pm with the Al-Anon Declaration.
The next meeting will be December 10 at 7 pm at the Griggs Midway building.
Edited for the web 7 December 2013