St. Paul Al-Anon/Alateen Intergroup
Minutes of Intergroup Meeting April 8, 2014
The meeting was convened at 7 pm with the Serenity Prayer.
- Chair, IR, Uptown Tuesday 6:30 pm A
Co-Secretary, NE Minneapolis
Literature Chair, IR, Summit Hill Monday 6 pm
IR, Superior Street AFG
IR, Uptown Tuesday 9:30 am
Newsletter Chair, IR, Monday Midway Men’s 7:15 pm
IR, Breakfast Club Al-Anon
IR, Uptown Saturday 12:30 pm Al-Anon
Co-Secretary, IR, Midway Wednesday 6:30 pm
It was noted that a quorum (5% of groups, that is, 6 or more) was
present so substantive business could be done.
There were readings on Tradition 4 and Concept 4.
- 1. Nominations/Election for open service positions
- There were no nominations for Vice Chair, the only unfilled officer
position. Other high priority open positions are Liaison to the
Minnesota South Area Assembly and Event Sales Chair.
- 2. Other open service positions
- Group Liaison, Alateen, Archives, Public Outreach, and Institutions
- 3. Internet safety policy
- There was discussion of steps that could be taken to enhance
anonymity and safety in use of the internet for Intergroup
- As a start, it was moved, seconded and voted unanimously that BCC
should normally be used on email instead of CC, that one should never
use “Al-Anon” or “Alateen” in email subject
lines (AFG is OK), and that we follow the Area’s policy when the
Area comes up with one.
- 4. Dakota County Jail Resource Fair in Hastings
- We will staff a table at this event the morning of Thursday
May 8th. A member said he would attend and would like to have someone
else. The period needed is 8:30 - noon. Breakfast and lunch will be
provided. Full legal name and birthdate are required.
- 5. Women’s Health Fair at West Seventy Community Center
- We will staff a table from 10 am to 1 pm on Saturday, May 3. A
member offered to go and would like another volunteer, preferably a
- 6. Update on volunteers to sell literature at Gopher State
- We will send out the sign up sheet again. Please print and take to
your meetings. We have 40 volunteer time slots and have 4 filled right
now. This will be plugged for in the newsletter and with the minutes.
Volunteers are welcome to fill more than one time slot.
- 7. Update on calling of groups to update group contact info.
- A member has called many groups and is continuing to work on
contacting all groups. There was discussion on contacting members via
email to ask for volunteers, send out newsletters, etc.
- 8. SPIG Inventory
- The chair will contact the person who proposed it and move this item
to the May agenda.
- 9. Questions/Concerns/Other Business
- One of the co-secretaries will stay on as co-secretary but is no
longer a voting representative as she attends regular meetings outside
of St. Paul.
- She will get a letter from the chair to the Newsletter editor by
the following Tuesday. She will send out a call for volunteers for
Gopher State, Womnen’s Health Fair and Dakota County Jail
Resource Fair, and follow up on an Intergroup inventory.
- Vice Chair
- The position is open
- The co-secretary summarized the minutes of the March meeting.
It was moved, seconded and unanimously voted to approve them.
- The treasurer was absent but sent a report. It shows a net income
of $1,364 for March. She has prepared an appeal letter which will be
- The editor will print one for May, get it duplicated, buy stamps
and ask the directory chair for mailing labels.
- Discussion followed on whether to email the newsleter but not mail
it or do both. No decision can be made yet. For now we will continue
to send via snail mail and email where we can.
- There are now links to maps for each group on the meeting schedule
pages. He is working on installing an index by city and day to help
find a meeting.
- She is keeping up on inventory, but both shipment and billing have
been very slow, taking months for things to be processed at the WSO.
The meeting closed at 8:12 pm with the Al-Anon Declaration.
The next meeting will be May 13, 2014 at 7 pm at the Griggs Midway building.
Edited for the web 13 May 2014