St. Paul Al-Anon/Alateen Intergroup
Minutes of Intergroup Meeting May 13, 2014
The meeting was convened at 7 pm with the Serenity Prayer.
- Chair, IR, Uptown Tuesday 6:30 pm A
IR, Uptown Thursday 8 pm
Newsletter Chair, IR, Monday Midway Men’s 7:15 pm
IR, Superior Street AFG
Assistant Treasurer, IR, Inner Peace Al-Anon, Mahtomedi
IR, Uptown Saturday 12:30 pm Al-Anon
Treasurer, IR, Summit Hill Wednesday 5 pm
Co-Secretary, NE Minneapolis
Co-Secretary, Web manager, IR, Midway Wednesday 6:30 pm
It was noted that a quorum (5% of groups, that is, 6 or more) was
present so substantive business could be done.
There were readings on Tradition 5 and Concept 5.
- 1. Open Positions/Nominations/Elections
- There were no nominations or volunteers for the open positions.
- 2. Report on Dakota County Jail Resource Fair
- It went well. We should bring more Alateen pamphlets next time.
Discussion followed on donating more literature and fund-raising money
for this and also on connecting with the district and area on public
outreach events to work together.
- 3. Report on Women’s Health Fair at West Seventh Community
- The fair went well. There were about 100 people there and many
stopped by the table to talk. The member heading it up recommends we
do it again next year. We donated a door prize of a book.
- 4. Update on volunteers for literature sales at Gopher State
- We have 30+ more people signed up to help so far. Thanks. We could
use another volunteer to help set up. All Volunteers have been called.
The chair will seek out advice on selling literature. There are no
Sunday volunteers. The literature table will be closed if there are no
- 5. Update on calling groups to verify group information
- The volunteer who took this on contacted a substantial number of
groups and is still working on it.
- 6. Conference of the MN Chapter of the National Association of
Social Workers June 5-6
- This is an outreach possibility. It takes place on the St. Paul
Campus of the U and would be an all day commitment. Should we take
- Last year we were there one day and had many people stop by. What
literature do we want to send and is there an entrance fee? We need
volunteers to cover this. The chair will look into the fees on this. A
motion was made, seconded and passed unanimously that we pre-approve up
to $100 for this event..
- 7. Hazelfest
- This is Hazelden's recovery festival on August 2. They waived the cost
of the booth and will allow volunteers in free. We will bring about
$150 in Literature. The chair will go and others can go to help sell
literature as well.
- 8. SPIG Inventory
- This was tabled until next month pending more information.
- 9. Questions/Concerns
- We have been asked to contribute books to a book drive organized at
Inver Hills Community College. Books are intended for counselors in
chemical dependency treatment clinics. Collections are being accepted
until until May 20th. A motion was made, seconded and approved
unanimously that we donate 6 softcover copies of How Al-Anon Works. Groups and indivduals can
- Intergroup needs to coordinate Friday dinner and Saturday Breakfast
at Fellowship Weekend in the hospitality suite. Are we formally
committed to this? The suite is shared with Minnesota South Area and
Minneapolis Information Services.
- Vice Chair
- The position is open
- It was moved, seconded and unanimously voted to approve the
minutes of the April meeting.
- She reported income of $2,590 for the month and expenses were
$3,606. Special expenses were the quarterly sales taxes and a once a
year fee to the office building we rent from for tax sharing. We have
over $5,000 in bills for literature to be paid for the extra Gopher
State Roundup literature.
- Assistant Treasurer
- Financial details are a work in progress.
- The editor reported $68 cost for the newsletter. Everyone says it
looks great. The email list is at 100. We will keep sending in email
addresses of people who would like to get the newslettter
- Office Manager
- There was a report of a flasher on May 11th in the office. The
building security was called and there was no response. The chair will
contact the building management.
- This month we have office volunteers for every day! We still need
home phone volunteers. To help with this service commitment one night a
month or more call Minneapolis Information Services at 952-920-3961 to
ask for instructions.
- The website is up-to-date
The meeting closed at 8:10 pm with the Al-Anon Declaration.
The next meeting will be June 10, 2014 at 7 pm at the Griggs Midway building.
Edited for the web 26 June 2014