St. Paul Al-Anon/Alateen Intergroup
Minutes of Intergroup Meeting June 10, 2014
The meeting was convened at 7 pm with the Serenity Prayer.
Co-Secretary, NE Minneapolis 8 pm
Chair, IR, Uptown Tuesday 6:30 pm A
IR, Superior Street AFG
Newsletter Chair, IR, Monday Midway Men’s 7:15 pm
IR, Uptown Saturday 12:30 pm Al-Anon and Uptown Tuesday 6:30 Al-Anon
Assistant Treasurer, IR, Innter Peace Thursday 11 am Al-Anon
Literature Chair, IR, Summit Hill Monday 6 pm
IR, Compassion Al-Anon St Paul
It was noted that a quorum (5% of groups, that is, 6 or more) was
present so substantive business could be done.
There were readings on Tradition 6 and Concept 6.
- 1. Additional nominations for 2014 open positions
- There were no nominations. We still need a Vice Chair, Liaison to
Minnesota South Area, Event Sales, Public Outreach, Group Liaison,
Alateen, Archives, Public Outreach, and Institutions.
- 2. Report on literature sales at Gopher State Roundup
- About $2,500 of literature was sold. All of the volunteers showed
up except one. The table was not open Sunday as there were no
- 3. Update on Hospitality Suite at Fellowship weekend
- We need someone to coordinate Friday night dinner and Saturday
breakfast food preparation and volunteers. There was discussion on
what this entails. A member volunteered to cover food prep but would like
help. The chair will send email to ask for volunteers to staff the
room during the meals.
- 4. Update on calls to groups to verify information and invite
- The volunteer doing this was not present. A member will speak with
her to see where she is at with this and if she needs help to finish
- 5. Hazelfest August 2nd, 2014 at Hazelden
- The chair will be working at the booth and would like another
volunteer or two to help. Volunteers receive free entrance to the
event with live music
- 6. Update on conversation with Griggs Midway Management re
- The chair spoke with them and they gave her a different number to
call if there is ever another incident like this. The new number will
call all security on duty to get help so someone can respond
- 7. St. Paul Intergroup inventory
- The chair passed out a printed inventory and we plan to add questions
from the inventory to the agenda every month. It is requested that
everyone personally answer the questions and come prepared to discuss
- 8. Questions/Concerns/Other Business
- There will be an Intergrup workshop on Saturday June 14 for people who are interested in
being Al-Anon Speakers.
- A member brought a request from Fellowship Club for help. They are
looking for a beginners type meeting to be hosted by Al-Anon weekly on
Saturday at 1pm for their group participants (this is the family
support side of Hazelden). They would like this to start ASAP.
- Nothing to report
- Vice Chair
- The position is open
- It was moved, seconded and unanimously voted to approve the
minutes of the May meeting.
- The treasurer was absent but sent a report. It shows income of
$4,991 and expense of $6,489 for May. It was moved, seconded and
approved unanimously to accept the Treasurer’s report.
- Assistant Treasurer
- She is willing to rotate out if anyone is willing to take over.
- Everything is on target. Informations is requested by July 20th for
the August Newsletter. We have about 200 people on the email list now.
If you know anyone who would like to receive the newsletter via email,
forward their address to editor.
- Office Volunteers
- June is mostly covered,
- Speaker Chair
- We still need speaker volunteers.
- We have plenty of literature but the literature chair is ordering
a few items.
The meeting closed at 8:07 pm with the Al-Anon Declaration.
The next meeting will be July 8, 2014 at 7 pm at the Griggs Midway building.
Edited for the web 26 June 2014