St. Paul Al‑Anon/Alateen Intergroup
Minutes of Intergroup Meeting October 14, 2014
The meeting opened with the Serenity Prayer.
Chair, IR, Uptown Tuesday 6:30 pm A
Vice Chair, IR, New Brighton Thursday 5:30 pm AFG
Co-Secretary, NE Minneapolis Monday 8 pm
Co-Secretary, Website Chair, IR, Midway Wednesday 6:30 pm
Treasurer, IR, Summit Hill Wednesday 5 pm
Newsletter Chair, IR, Monday Midway Men’s 7:15 pm
IR, Compassion Al-Anon, St. Paul
Literature Chair, IR, Summit Hill Monday 6 pm
IR, Serenity Seekers Al-Anon, Wednesday 10 am
IR, Superior Street Monday 11:30 am Al-Anon
There were readings on Tradition 10 and Concept 10.
It was noted that a quorum (5% of groups, that is, 6 or more) was
present so substantive business could be done.
- 1. Additional nominations for 2014 open positions
- There was none.
- 2. SPIG inventory: Questions 15 – 19
- Q 15: Are there enough office
volunteers? No, though we have improved coverage we still cannot
quite cover every day of the month and rely heavily on some
individuals. We also are in great need of after-hours home phone
- Q 16: How do we encourage more member
participation? This led to a discussion on clarifying for
members what the Area, Intergroup and District all do.
- Q 17: How do we train/orient/update
volunteers? There is a manual that is rarely used.
- Q 18: Are service meeting updates and
newsletters available to volunteers? Yes, we send out the
minutes and newsletters electronically and to some people in hard
- Q19: Do we have a full supply of Conference
Approved Literature and medallions available for sale? We have a
lot of materials in stock but we do not always have everything in stock
because we can't afford to keep huge reserves of materials on hand.
Potentially some of our reserves could be used for this purpose.
- More questions will be addressed next month.
- 3. Report on Dakota County Resource Fair October 2
- About 4 of 100 inmates spent meaningful time at our table. Some
others took bookmarks and pamphlets.
- 4. Update: Calling groups to update information and invite
- Since the last meeting there have been some updates made.
- 5. Discussion: What do we do with extra money?
- No one was sure what this business item meant. There is not a lot
of extra money. Our next appeal letter is going out next month and
the Chair will ask for volunteers/officers and the Treasurer will add the
monetary ask to this. Two IRs will print and mail the letter.
- 6. Updating position guidelines
- The Chair will email out position guidelines to current volunteers
so that we may update them for next year.
- 7. Update on purchasing a copier
- The IR pursuing this is shopping around for a copier/printer with
a $500 budget. He expects to have one in the next few months.
- Vice Chair
- He is working on Gratitude Night preparations for November 8th. We
need volunteers to sell literature and to set things up. The Chair is
willing to sell literature but not haul it. An IR volunteered to pack
the literature box and another volunteered to sell literature.
- It was moved, seconded and voted unanimously to accept the minutes
of the September meeting as presented.
- The Treasurer reported positive net income of $530 for the month with
total expenses of $2,682 and total receipts of $3,212.
- A newsletter was recently sent out. The Newsletter Editor
requested his email be corrected in the roster
- Office Volunteers
- We still have two openings for October.
- Speaker chair
- He would like a replacement for next year and has been asking around.
- The website is up to date. There are two or three changes to the
directory for metro area meetings per month. Also, there are now
links to the WSO Twitter and Facebook sites.
- Institutions meeting at Hazelden Fellowship Club
- The meeting is small. We have recouped from the 7th Tradition
basaket about $60 of $120 we originally spent for getting it started.
We need IRs for next year and officers. Please bring in new volunteers!
The next meeting will be November 11, 2014 at 7 pm at the Griggs Midway building.
Edited for the web 13 November 2014