St. Paul Al‑Anon/Alateen Intergroup
Minutes of November 11, 2014 Meeting
The meeting opened with the Serenity Prayer.
Chair, IR, Uptown Tuesday 6:30 pm A
Vice Chair, IR, New Brighton Thursday 5:30 pm AFG
Co-Secretary, NE Minneapolis Monday 8 pm
Co-Secretary, Website Chair, IR, Midway Wednesday 6:30 pm
Newsletter Chair, IR, Monday Midway Men’s 7:15 pm
IR, Compassion Al-Anon, St. Paul
There were readings on Tradition 11 and Concept 11.
It was noted that a quorum (5% of groups, that is, 6 or more) was
not present so no substantive business could be done.
- 1. Questions and Concerns
- Volunteers are still needed to sell literature at Folderol in
February. We will also be selling literature at Founders Day weekend
and we already have volunteers for this event. We sold over $200 in
Literature at Gratitude night and the basket was $240. The attendance
was about the same as last year (about 130 people).
- 2. Nominations for 2015 positions
- Election procedures were passed around. Nominations: There was a
seconded nomination of the 2014 Chair as 2015 Chair. She expressed
willingness to serve. Similarly the 2014 Vice Chair said we was
willing to continue after a seconded nomination for the 2015 Vice
- There was discussion on what the treasurer position entails.
There was a seconded nomination of Newsletter Editor for this position
and he agreed to take on the position, as well as continue to edit the
- There were no nominations for the Assistant Treasurer and
- The current Website/Directory and Institutions chairs are willing
to continue in their positions. We are still looking for volunteers
for the rest of the service positions for 2015.
- 3. SPIG inventory Questions
- What are the referral resources for volunteers?
- i: Twelfth Step call list
- There are five people on the list but it is rarely used.
- ii: Service Chairs
- The positions are Alateen, archives, event sales, group
liaison, liaison to MN South Area, literature purchase, newsletter
editor, office manager, public outreach, office volunteers,
speakers, website/directory of which a lot are open.
- iii. Who to call with unknown
stuff? (professional inquiries,
questions from membership on structure, issues/problems, Alateen
group sponsor certification, etc.)
- There is nothing in writing about this and we have no set
- Who is responsible for training office volunteers?
- Office volunteers are trained by the office volunteer chair or
or by someone asked to do it by her.
- Who is responsible for training home phone
- This is done by the office manager of Minneapolis Al-Anon/Alateen
Information Services, who also schedules the home phone volunteers.
- How might we encourage more member participation?
- Personal communication member to member and emailing the
- 4. Report on Gratitude Night
- It went well. The Vice Chair will write up a list of what to do for the
event and a paragraph for the newsletter on how it went.
- 5. Update on position guidelines
- The chair will work on this. One of the IRs has notes on this.
- 6. Update on purchasing a printer
- One was bought with a 2 year service agreement. It is a black and
white Brother laser printer that prints 42 pages per minute. We should
be able to print our own newsletter and flyers on this. It cost about
$300. The total cost with cartridge and contract and a couple of reams
of paper is slightly over the allotted $500.
- 7. Questions/Concerns/Other business
- Appeal letter has not gone out. The Chair is working on her half
of the letter and two IRsl will mail it when it is ready.
- No report.
- Vice Chair
- No report.
- The October minutes went out. There were no adjustments.
- Expenses were $1416 and income was $2811 for the month.
- Assistant Treasurer
- No report.
- The next newsletter will go out in January.
The meeting closed at 8:00 pm with the Al-Anon Declaration.
The next meeting will be December 9, 2014 at 7 pm at the Griggs Midway building.
Edited for the web 1 January 2015