Minutes for St. Paul Intergroup Meeting
7 PM Tuesday May 10, 2005, Room 127
Griggs-Midway Bldg., 1821 University Avenue West, St. Paul
(Edited to remove names)
The meeting opened with the Serenity Prayer at 7:00 PM May 10, 2005 with the
following groups represented:
Mahtomedi Friday pm St. Andrews Church,
White Bear Lake Wednesday AM St. Stephen’s Church,
Midway Wednesday 6:30 pm,
Redeemer Al-Anon South St. Paul,
Inner Peace Al-Anon Mahtomedi,
Uptown Monday 8 pm, Eagan Monday pm,
- The Seventh Tradition basket was passed.
- Concept Five: The Rights of Appeal and Petition protect minorities
and insure that they be heard. Each person shared about speaking up
when we are in the minority.
- The minutes of the April meeting were not available.
- Treasurer’s Report: There was some discussion about the
Treasurer's Report. The reports from March and April were
- Reimbursements: The Treasurer provided a
new form to be submitted when reimbursements are requested.
- Tax exempt purchases: A group making
a tax exempt literature purchase must have its tax exemption number
when they come in the office. The number must be put on the sales
- Charging purchases: Only the District
20 Beginners’ Meeting is authorized to charge purchases.
Everyone else must pay at the time of purchase.
- Mailing literature orders:
Customers who want a literature order sent by mail should include an
extra 7% of purchase price.
- Money for making change: Something will
be done to ensure volunteers have enough silver and small bills to make
- Check cashing: Office volunteers may cash
a check for no larger that $50.00, as long as at least $50.00 remains
in the cash box.
- Changing Banks: A closer branch of U.S. Bank
was found. The Treasurer is still looking into a branch
which might be open on Saturdays. She is also looking into TCF Bank and
- Vacuum: The old vacuum is not
repairable. The office manager was authorized to buy a new one for
- Fax Machine: It is working in the office
on the same line as the computer. It was pointed out that we do not
have dial-1 long distance service.
- Gratitude Night: Door prizes will be
discussed in June.
The meeting was adjourned.
- Literature: We received a new shipment
of literature, so we are well stocked.
- Alateen: There is a new Alateen Group at
St. Andrew’s Church in Mahtomedi on Friday night. They are
looking for another sponsor, preferably a man. One must have been in
Al-Anon for at least 2 years and have no felony convictions. There are
two new Alateen Groups in Cottage Grove and at Central Park Church,
across from Regions Hospital.
- Office Volunteers: No report
- Directory: We have found a new Directory
Chairperson. We have new directory sheets in the book in the office.
Group listings are on the computer by date and time. Click on the
- Group Liaison: No report.
- Newsletter: A member volunteered to put
out another newsletter and needs any input by May 20. A permanent
Newsletter Chair is still needed.
- Public Outreach: The Intergroup Chair
has arranged for people to go into the schools to talk about
- Institutions: No report.
- Speakers: There will be a form made up
for anyone interested in being a speaker.
- Archives: The Archives Chair is working
on the archives. Some old letters are missing containing information
about when different groups started.
- Double Dimer: The position remains open.
Something about Double Dimers will be put in the newsletter.
- Area Liaison: The position of South Area
Alateen Coordinator will be vacant after December. There has been a
suggestion that two persons fill this position since there are
considerably greater responsibilities than used to be the case.
- Minneapolis AIS: No report
- Web Chair: No report.
The meeting adjourned.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, June 14, 7:00pm Griggs Midway Building
Anyone interested service opportunities are invited to attend the upcoming
Intergroup meetings held the 2nd Tuesday of the month at the Griggs Midway
Building at 7pm. Also, anyone interested in attending Intergroup meetings
and taking back this valuable information to their groups, please join