St. Paul Al-Anon/Alateen Intergroup
Minutes of the July 8, 2008 Meeting
- Uptown, Thursday 9:30am (Chair)
- Summit Hill, Wednesday, 5:00pm (Secretary)
- St. Stephens, Wednesday 9:00am (Office Volunteer Chair, Intergroup Rep)
- White Bear Lake, Monday 7:00 (Inside Literature Chair)
- Redeemer Al-Anon SSP, Tuesday 7:30 pm
- Thursday, 7:00pm
Concept 6: The Conference acknowledges the primary administrative
responsibility of the Trustees.
June Minutes: Read and approved
Treasurer’s Report: The Treasurer is on vacation
this month. The Vice Chair has the checkbook and is available via phone.
There is no report this month.
Intergroup Representative reports
- Uptown, Thursday 9:30am
- Group is doing well. A lot of newcomers and members involved in
- Summit Hill, Wednesday, 5:00pm
- Group is going well. A lot of members involved in getting the
- Thursday, 7:00 pm
- Group is good. Group is fortunate to have a
go-getter with service. Nice to be group rep and involved. Grateful
to be part of home group.
- St. Stephens, Wednesday 9:00am
- Group is doing fine.
- White Bear Lake, Monday 7:00
- Group is doing well. Average 12-15 people.
Newcomers are coming in and staying.
- Redeemer Al-Anon SSP
- Things are going well with the group. They have been getting newcomers.
The group has been donating $25 each month.
Committee Chair reports
- Office Volunteers
- Volunteers have been coming in, but is always in need
of active volunteers.
- Inside Literature
- There is also a new book available:
It is $15.00 plus tax and is available in the office.
- Delegate’s Report
- The chair did not attend the meeting, but had notes taken.
These are available from her by request.
- Open Meeting
- Intergroup will be selling
literature at the Open Meeting on July 19th at the Uptown House from
1:30-3:30. Volunteers to help out are welcome. Also, if groups need
literature, the Chair is willing to have orders ready there. Contact her
ahead of time.
- The Chair has found a couple of sites interested in literature
and reminds us that there are a lot of little things that we can do to get
the message out. She was contacted by a group that is disbanding and would
like to donate literature. She contacted the Veterans Home who would be
interested in literature and will coordinate with Minneapolis to put
literature together for the Veterans Home. When the VA Medical Center is
through with construction, she will approach about getting literature out
to them, as well.
- Fellowship Weekend
- St. Paul Intergroup is responsible for dinner Friday and breakfast Saturday. We need groups to donate side salads and desserts for dinner Friday. We are also in need of volunteers to help out.
- Gratitude Night
- St. Marks has November 8th open. The Chair will
confirm the date with St. Marks and we will discuss further at
August meeting in case the date or location needs to be changed.
- We have a new Newsletter Chair! She will connect with the
past Newsletter Chair to get going.
Meeting closed with the Al-Anon Declaration.
Return to St. Paul Intergroup home
Updated 10 July 2008