St. Paul Al-Anon/Alateen Intergroup
Minutes of the October 14, 2008 Meeting
The meeting began at 7:00pm, October 14, 2008 with the Serenity Prayer.
- Uptown, Thursday 9:30 am (Chair)
- Maplewood Friday 6:00 pm(Vice Chair, volunteer)
- Summit Hill, Wednesday, 5:00 pm (Secretary)
- Uptown Thursday 9:30 am (Treasurer)
- White Bear Lake, Monday 7:00 (Inside Literature Chair)
- Roseville 7:30 Al-Anon, Fireside Al-Anon (Speaker Chair)
- Redeemer Al-Anon SSP, Tuesday 7:30 pm (Intergroup Rep)
- St. Stephens, Wednesday 9:00 am (Office Volunteer Chair, Intergroup Rep)
Concept 9: Good personal leadership at all service levels is a necessity.
In the field of world service, the Board of Trustees assumes the primary
September Minutes: Read and approved
Treasurer’s Report: The Treasurer reported
that we are doing pretty good financially. There is a big literature order
coming up. He will check to see if the Beginner’s Meeting
is up to date on paying bills. Approval of Treasurer’s Report will be
delayed until next month once the current report is checked and errors
Intergroup Representative reports
- Redeemer Al-Anon in South St. Paul
- Everything is going well with her group.
She will be cycling out after November.
- White Bear Lake Monday 7:00 pm
- Hoping to find a new Intergroup Rep. Some in the group have
- Uptown Thursday 9:30 am
- The group is going well and has blossomed to 28-30 people.
- Roseville 7:30 pm
- His meeting has been going through Blueprint
for Progress and sharing once a month an hour before their regular
meeting. It is the first Monday of the month at Roseville Lutheran
Church if anyone would like to attend. He has found that it is great
both listening and speaking.
Officer and Committee Chair Reports and Announcements
- She received a lot of help from her husband and several
volunteers at the South Area Assembly. It was a lot of fun and about
$500 in literature was sold. Thanks also to all that helped with
- Vice Chair
- She has taken on a new sponsee, which encourages her to go to the
same group on Fridays. She is having fun with the Vice Chair position
and is grateful and feels honored to be part of Gratitude Night.
- Office volunteer chair
- She will send out the message that we need help with volunteers.
- Outside literature chair
- She is about to send in the last large literature order for the
year (Gratitude Night and Founder’s Day)
- Speaker Chair
- He mentioned that every month Woodbury and Regions have speakers.
He would like to call treatment facilities in St. Paul to see if they
want Al-Anon speakers.
- We have a great Intergroup!
- Literature and mailing list
- The Chair suggested that great way to get the message out is to
bring literature, old and new, to meetings to read and share with your
group. Literature is great for gift ideas. A great way to carry the
message. Let her know if your group needs more copies of the
newsletter. She can also make sure that you are on the mailing list.
Contact her if you are interested.
- Spanish Speaking Group
- There is a new Spanish speaking Al-Anon Group. Harriet will order
literature in Spanish.
- Gratitude Night
- Gratitude Night will be held on November 8th at St. Mark’s.
Linda reported that planning is going well. We will have
childcare providers who will be paid $20 each. Additional
volunteers are still needed for the following areas: registration,
beverages, decorations, set up and clean up, making and serving coffee.
Call the vice chair to sign up.
- Founder’s Day
- Founder’s Day is an AA event with Al-Anon participation over
Thanksgiving weekend at the Doubletree Hotel in St. Louis Park. St.
Paul Intergroup is selling literature and is need of volunteers to help
out on Friday from 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm and Saturday from 8:00 pm
– 11:00 pm. 16 volunteers to split the shifts would be ideal.
Call the chair to sign up.
- There are several positions rotating out. We will nominate in November
and hold elections in December.
Meeting closed with the Al-Anon Declaration.
Respecfully submitted by the Intergroup Secretary
Return to St. Paul Intergroup home
Edited for the web and posted 15 November 2008