St. Paul Al-Anon Intergroup Meeting
Minutes – October 9, 2012
The meeting was called to order at 7:00pm with a moment of silence followed
by the Serenity Prayer.
- Chair, IR Seekers of Compassion Al-Anon
Vice Chair, IR Summit Hill Wednesday 5 pm Al-Anon
Assistant Treasurer, Midway Wednesday 6:30 pm Al-Anon
Literature Chair, IR Summit Hill Monday 6 pm Al-Anon
Speaker Chair and IR , Fireside Al-Anon
IR Your Are Not Alone Al-Anon
IR Midway Wednesday 6:30 pm Al-Anon
It was noted a quorum (5% of 111 groups = 6) of Intergroup Representatives
(IRs) was present.
- She reminded all that nominations for officers will be taken at the
November and December meetings with elections in December Consider your
willingness to continue serving and encourage other members to
participate in service with St. Paul Intergroup.
- Office Manager
- She reported gratitude to those volunteers who help keep the office
clean and maintained. No expenses this month.
- Vice Chair
- She reported on plans for the November 10th Gratitude Night. She
requested volunteers to set-up and provide beverages and supplies.
While this is not a fundraising event, receptacles will be available
for member contributions. There will be no child care provided during
speakers this year due to cost and liability issues.
- The minutes of the September meeting were reviewed and approved
- Treasurer/Assistant Treasurer
- In the absence of the Treasurer, the Assistant Treasurer reported
on all income and expense. Funds remain stable. Noted: a $610 yearly
expenditure for insurance, year to date actual income of 8-10% for
literature, and nearly $2,000 in literature purchased from WSO and for
medallions last month. The reports were approved without
- Event sales
- The chair reported $449.40 sold at the Area Assembly October 6th.
Upcoming events are Gratitude Night (11/10) and Founder’s Day
Weekend (11/25). Also noted was the District 20 annual potluck in
- Group Liaison
- No report
- Liaison to Minnesota South Area
- She reported on the Area Assembly October 6th: Elections were held
to elect 2 officers to fill vacancies, She gave a brief overview of
Membership Outreach Action Committee participation, 2013 Area calendars
- Another order will soon go out to cover needs for upcoming event
- No report. The newsletter will be mailed within the next week or
- Office volunteers
- No report. It was noted there were many open days this month for
- Public Outreach
- We will staff a table at the Hamm Clinic – NAMI Health and
Wellness Fair Wednesday October 8.
- Speaker Chair
- He reported on filling a request for 5 speakers for a District
- Web site/Directory
- encourage all to visit and explore the website. Input and ideas are
welcome. A new directory will be printed for the office.
- Questions and concerns
- No concerns were expressed
- Bylaws draft
- An updated proposal for revision of the bylaws will be available
on line October 10. A separate
document giving history of proposed changes is also available.
Consensus agreement and understanding has been given for all changes
with the exception of the bonding issue.
- A vote to approve the proposal will take place next month (November
13th Intergroup Meeting). A question of whether or not we were meeting
the spiritual intent of informing all groups of proposed changes lead
to discussion. Given the on-line access now available to most people
and considering the printing and postage expense, it was agreed that
notification would be made by referral to our website in the upcoming
newsletter. The June newsletter held an article explaining proposed
changes, with specific information about whether or not to require
bonding by account signers, with invitation for input from members.
There was no response.
- Note: The current By-Laws (2004), the proposed revision, and
reasons for changes are available on our website. Go
- Open house
- Flyers for event planned for December 1st from 9:00am to 3:00pm
were distributed at the assembly and are now available on our website
and in the office. The plan is to have the office open for literature
sales and room S-127 open for refreshments, displays for archives and
officer/service committee responsibilities. Officers and Service
Committee Chairs will be available for fellowship and to invite and
encourage participation. St. Paul Intergroup registered with the World
Service Office as an Intergroup in 1962 thus we celebrate 50 years of
serving our membership, our groups and the community of families and
friends seeking help and hope. Notice will also be published in the
- Officer and Service Committee responsibility and guidelines
- Drafts of these have been created. All have been asked to review
and revise them as needed for their office or committee.
- Open Secretary and Service Committee positions
- Secretary and Liaison to MN South Area are elected service
positions. Service Committees remaining open include Public Outreach,
Institutions, Event Sales, Officer Manager, Alateen, and Archives and
are all voluntary appointments.
The meeting adjourned with the Al-Anon Declaration at 7:55 pm.
Edited for the web 17 October 2012