St. Paul Al-Anon/Alateen Intergroup
Minutes of Intergroup Meeting December 10, 2013
The meeting was convened at 7:00 pm with the Serenity Prayer.
- Vice Chair and acting Chair, IR, Uptown Tuesday 6:30 pm A
Secretary, IR Uptown Monday 8 pm
Treasurer, IR, Summit Hill Wednesday 5 pm
Assistant Treasurer, Alt IR Midway 6:30 pm
IR, Uptown Tuessday 9:30 am
IR, Superior St. Al-Anon
IR, Inner Peace Thursday 11 am Al-Anon
Literature Chair, Summit Hill Monday 6 pm Al-Anon
There were readings on Tradition 12 and Concept 12.
- 1. Questions/Concerns
- The Literature Chare is willing to sell literature at the District
potluck on January 18.
- 2. Additional Nominations for 2014
- A member from Innter Peace Thursday Al-Anon was nominated for the
Assistant Treasurer position. The nomination was seconded.
- 3. Elections
- There was no more than one nomination for each postion. Those
nominated were unanimously elected to the positions of Chair,
Treasurer, co-Secretary (2) and Assistant Treasurer. No one was
elected to Vice Chair since no one was willing to take the position
- The Literature chair, Website chair and Speaker chair were
reappointed. The new Assistant Treasurer will be Office Manager.
- Open Service Positions for 2014
- At the next meeting we need to elect a Vice-Chair. The positions
of Newsletter chair, Group liaison, Event sales, MN South Area Liaison
(not AA member since this person serves on the Area World Service
Committee), Alateen chair, Archives chair and Public Outreach chair are
all open as well.
- The current Assistant Treasurer described what he has been doing.
He keeps track of what money comes in its source, literature and
medallion sales or contributions, makes deposits, and reconciles the
accounts by going through the sales logs. He has made forms for the
way that he does things that can be used by others. He also sends Thank
You letters for contributions. Contributions are kept track of on a
spreadsheet. This position requires about 3-4 hours per month of
- The Vice-Chair position helps the chair where needed and is the
Program chair. As program chair, the Vice-chair is responsible for
arranging events like Gratitude Night and workshops. In recent years,
the Vice-chair has also been in charge of the suite we share with
Minneapolis Information Services at Fellowship Weekend.
- Vice Chair, Acting Chair
- She will ask the Tuesday office volunteer to get the key for
the monthly meeting room as she cannot be here at 4:30 to do this.
- Minutes of the November meeting were reviewed. A motion was made
and seconded to approve the minutes after an error of group affiliation
was pointed out.
- The Treasurer reported that the monthly income was $3,449 and that
expenses were $3,010.
- Assistant Treasurer
- He reported that November contributions were $1,383 and November
literature and medallion sales were $1,920.
- There was nothing new to report. Groups in our service area
should be called to verify and update information and contacts.
Multiple people volunteered to help with this. Sheets will be brought
to the next meeting to enable this.
- The Literature chair said she usually orders books twice monthly.
We have books. A substantial portion of Intergroup’s income
comes from literature sales.
The meeting closed at 8:00 pm with the Al-Anon Declaration.
The next meeting will be January 14, 2014 at 7 pm at the Griggs Midway building.
Edited for the web 11 January 2014