Descriptions of Minnesota South Area Al-Anon/Alateen
Districts Before March 2015
Note: These descriptions are obsolete and have been replaced by descriptions
of the boundaries adopted at the March 2015 Area Assembly.
- DISTRICT 1
- Anoka County – east. Fridley, Spring Lake Park, Columbia Heights
and all of Anoka County east of a line from Highway 51 (University Ave. NE).
- DISTRICT 2
- Anoka County – west. All of Anoka County west of a line from Highway
51 that is not in District 1.
- DISTRICT 3
- All Al-Anon Family Groups meeting at the Fridley Alano club.
- DISTRICT 4
- Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park, Maple Grove, Osseo.
- DISTRICT 5
- Champlin, Dayton, Rogers, Hassan.
- DISTRICT 6
- Medina, Greenfield, Corcoran.
- DISTRICT 7
- Independence, Maple Plain, Minnetrista, Mound, St. Bonifacius.
- DISTRICT 8
- Crystal Bay, Long Lake, Minnetonka Beach, Navarre, Orono, Spring
Park, Tonka Bay, Wayzata.
- DISTRICT 9
- Deephaven, Eden Prairie, Excelsior, Greenwood, Minnetonka,
- DISTRICT 10
- Crystal, New Hope, Plymouth, Robbinsdale.
- DISTRICT 11
- Edina, Golden Valley, Hopkins, St. Louis Park.
- DISTRICT 12
- DISTRICT 13
- Minneapolis – southwest. Starting at the north border:
Highway 12 (394), south on Hennepin to Lake St., east on Lake to 35W,
south on 35W to Highway 62 (Crosstown), west on 62 to Xerxes Ave. S.,
north on Xerxes to 54th St., west on 54th to France, north on France
(or a line even with France) to Highway 12.
- DISTRICT 14
- Minneapolis – northwest. North and west borders are the city
limits. East border is the Mississippi. South border is Hennepin
Avenue from the river, west to Highway 12 (394).
- DISTRICT 15
- Minneapolis – northeast. North and east borders are the city
limits. West border is the Mississippi. South border is Hennepin
Avenue from the river east to the city limits (same as the county
- DISTRICT 16
- All Al-Anon Family Groups meeting at Fairview University Medical
- DISTRICT 17
- Minneapolis – central. North border is Hennepin Avenue from
the city limits on the east to Lake St. on the west. Lake St is the
south border. The city limits (county line) is the east border.
- DISTRICT 18
- Richfield and Minneapolis – southeast. Starting at the north
border: Lake St. from the Mississippi to 35W, south on 35W to Hwy 62
(Crosstown), west on 62 to Xerxes. Xerxes changes into York. York
south to Hwy 494, 494 east to Hwy 5 (south of the airport), north at
the Mississippi River to Lake St.
- DISTRICT 19
- St. Paul – southwest. Starting at the north border: Grand Ave.
from the Mississippi River to Ayd Mill Rd. Southeast on Ayd Mill to
35E. South on 35E to the Dakota County line at the Mississippi River.
West and north following the river back to Grand.
- DISTRICT 20
- St. Paul – west central. Starting at the north border: I94 from
the city limits in the west to Cleveland Avenue. North on Cleveland to
University Avenue, east on University to Marion. South on Marion to
John Ireland Blvd. South on John Ireland to Summit and continuing
south on a line matching up with Smith Ave. Southeast over the High
Bridge. South on Cherokee Ave, west on Baker, south on Cherokee
Heights Blvd to the Dakota County line. East on that line to 35E.
North on 35E to Ayd Mill Rd., north on Ayd Mill to Grand Ave., west on
Grand to the Mississippi River.
- DISTRICT 21
- St. Paul – northwest. North border is the city limits from the
Hennepin County line to Dale St. South on Dale to Maryland, west on
Maryland to Victoria, south on Victoria to the parkway around Lake Como
(Horton?), east on that parkway to Churchill St., which loops north and
then south again. One block west on Horton to Lexington, south on
Lexington to the Burlington Northern Railroad tracks just north of
Pierce Butler Route. East at those tracks to Como Ave., southeast on
Como to Marion St., south on Marion to University Ave. West on
University to Cleveland, south on Cleveland to I94, I94 to the city
- DISTRICT 22
- St. Paul – central (downtown & the West Side).
South border is the Dakota County line from the Mississippi River in
the east to Cherokee Heights Rd. in the west. Cherokee Heights Rd.
north to Cherokee Ave to Smith. Northwest on Smith (High Bridge), and
then following a line from Smith as it turns north to Summit Ave.
Summit turns into John Ireland. West on Marion (or it could be called
Kellogg at the intersection), north on Marion, east across Como Ave.
and Rice St. to Pennsylvania, and then curving southeast along an
imaginary line at the Burlington and Soo railroad tracks, and past
East 7th to the Mississippi River. East border is the river to the
Dakota county line.
- DISTRICT 23
- St. Paul – north. North border is Larpenteur
(the city limit) from Dale in the west to English in the east. South
on English in a line to connect with Johnson Parkway. Southwest on
East 7th St., northwest at the Burlington and Soo Line tracks just east
of Kittson, curving northeast along an imaginary line to meet
Pennsylvania Ave., east on Pennsylvania, across Rice St. to Como Ave.
Northwest on Como to the Burlington Northern tracks just north of
Pierce Butler Route. North on Lexington to Horton, north on Churchill
which loops north and then south again, meeting Horton. East on Horton
to Victoria, north on Victoria to Maryland, east on Maryland to Dale,
north on Dale to Larpenteur.
- DISTRICT 24
- St. Paul – east. North border is Larpenteur
(the city limit) from English in the west to McKnight in the east (the
city limits). South on McKnight to the Dakota County line. West at
the county line, and then northwest at the Mississippi, and, crossing
Warner Rd., following the curve of the Burlington Northern tracks up to
East 7th St. East on East 7th to Johnson Parkway, north on Johnson
Parkway to an imaginary line meeting up with English at
- DISTRICT 25
- Maplewood, North St. Paul.
- DISTRICT 26
- Falcon Heights, Lauderdale, Little Canada,
- DISTRICT 27
- Arden Hills, Moundsview, New Brighton, St. Anthony, Shoreview.
- DISTRICT 28
- Gem Lake, North Oaks, Vadnais Heights, White Bear Lake.
- DISTRICT 29
- Washington County – north. Everything
north of Highway 36.
- DISTRICT 30
- Washington County – south. Everything south of Highway 36.
- DISTRICT 31
- Lilyday, Mendota, Mendota Heights, South St.
Paul, Sunfish Lake, West St. Paul.
- DISTRICT 32
- Apple Valley, Burnsville, Eagan, Farmington, Lakeville.
- DISTRICT 33
- Inver Grove Heights, Nininger, Rosemount and the remainder of Dakota County
not in Districts 31 or 32.
- DISTRICT 34
- Carver and Scott Counties.
- DISTRICT 35
- McLeod and Wright Counties.
- DISTRICT 36
- Kandiyohi, Meeker and Renville Counties.
- DISTRICT 37
- Lincoln, Lyon, Redwood and Yellow Medicine Counties.
- DISTRICT 38
- Cottonwood, Jackson, Murray, Nobles, Pipestone and Rock Counties.
- DISTRICT 39
- Brown, Le Sueur, Nicollet and Sibley Counties and the north part of
Blue Earth and Watonwan Counties. The dividing line is from the
western border of Watonwan County, 10 miles south of Darfur to the
eastern border of Blue Earth County, 10 miles south of St. Clair.
- DISTRICT 40
- Dodge, Freeborn, Mower, Steele and Waseca Counties.
- DISTRICT 41
- Fillmore, Houston, Olmstead and Winona Counties.
- DISTRICT 42
- Goodhue, Rice and Wabasha Counties.
- DISTRICT 43
- Faribault, Martin and the south part of Blue Earth and Watonwan Counties.
- DISTRICT 44
- Big Stone, Chippewa, Lac Qui Parle and Swift Counties.