Al‑Anon Conference Approved Books
Here is a list of Al‑Anon and Alateen books, all of which are CAL
(Conference Approved Literature). Most are also
available in Spanish and French, as well as other languages.
We carry all Al‑Anon/ and Alateen Conference approved literature
and other items for sale at both Al‑Anon/Alateen Information
Services of Greater Minneapolis (AIS) 7204 West 27th St., Suite 101,
St. Louis Park, and St. Paul Al‑Anon/Alateen Intergroup (SPIG) 253 State St,
St. Paul. You can also order literature by phone (952-920-3961) from
Al‑Anon/Alateen Information Services of Greater Minneapolis.
During the COVID-10 pandemic both Minneapolis AIS and Saint Paul
Al‑Anon Intergroup hours have been reduced. Minneapolis AIS
office hours are 9 AM to 4 PM, Monday through Friday and SPIG hours are
Noon to 4 pm Tuesdays and Noon to 8 pm Wednesdays.
We accept cash, checks, credit cards and debit cards as forms of payment.
Buying literature at the local Al‑Anon service offices is an important way
to support their activities financially.
- Alateen—Hope for
Children of Alcoholics
- This basic primer can help anyone seeking an easy-to-understand
explanation of alcoholism and the Alateen program. The Steps,
Traditions, slogans, personal stories, meeting format, and an Alateen
timeline are all included.
- B-3, 128 pages. Indexed, soft cover. Updated in 2003.
- The Dilemma of the Alcoholic
- Al‑Anon can help with the unique problems of alcoholic
relationships. Members share experiences with applying the Twelve Steps
to their relationships.
- B-4, 102 pages. Indexed, soft cover.
- The Al‑Anon Family
- With a new introduction, footnotes, and appendix, the original text
of our pioneer members connects us with Al‑Anon’s roots. The hope that
this book still offers the world is undeniable.
- B-5, 196 pages. Indexed.
- One Day at a Time in Al‑Anon
- This Al‑Anon classic offers inspirational daily readings relating
Al‑Anon philosophy to everyday situations.
- B-6, 384 pages. Indexed.
- B-14, large print, 384 pages. Indexed.
- Lois Remembers
- Lois W., cofounder of Al‑Anon, recalls the eventful years before
and after the founding of AA and Al‑Anon.
- B-7, 208 pages. Illustrated, indexed, soft cover.
- Al‑Anon’s Twelve Steps
& Twelve Traditions
- The Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions come alive through essays,
reflections, and stories from Al‑Anon members. Revised in 2005,
re-edited text and several new stories give a fresh approach to an
- B-8, 150 pages. Indexed.
- Alateen—a day at a time
- A collection of positive daily sharings written by Alateen members
around the world
- B-10, 284 pages.
- As We Understood
- Al‑Anon members share their understanding of prayer, letting go,
fellowship, meditation, a Higher Power, and spiritual awakening.
- B-11, 273 pages.
- … In All Our
Affairs: Making Crises Work for You
- Al‑Anon members’ personal stories reveal how applying
specific Al‑Anon principles helped them through life’s difficult
situations. It includes stories dealing with abuse, death, divorce,
violence, infidelity, and more.
- B-15, 255 pages. Indexed, soft cover.
- Courage to Change
One Day at a Time in Al‑Anon II
- This collection of insightful daily reflections reveals the
surprisingly simple things that can transform lives.
- B-16, 384 pages. Indexed.
- B-16 CD-ROM , PC Format, includes audi.
- B-17, 384 pages. Indexed, large print.
- From Survival to
Recovery: Growing Up in an Alcoholic Home
- Al‑Anon adult children tell their stories—with pathos, humor,
courage, and honesty, renewing hope for all of us.
- B-21, 303 pages. Indexed.
- How Al‑Anon
Works for Families & Friends of Alcoholics
- Al‑Anon's “basic book” reflects the shared wisdom of
Al‑Anon members today. The most comprehensive book on Al‑Anon is
excellent for personal and meeting study.
- B-32, 416 pages. Indexed. softcover.
- Courage to Be
Me—Living with Alcoholism
- Alateen’s most comprehensive book, filled with shared
recovery written by Alateen members.
- B-23, 326 pages. Indexed, soft cover..
- Paths to
Recovery—Al‑Anon’s Steps, Traditions, and Concepts
- A guide for study of Al‑Anon’s three
Legacies. Chapters on each Step, Tradition, and Concept of Service
include insightful text, poignant personal stories, and
thought-provoking questions for group or individual study.
- B-24, 366 pages. Indexed.
- Paths to Recovery
- Contains the thought-provoking questions on each Step,
Tradition, and Concept of Service found in Paths
to Recovery (B-24), with space to write answers.
- P-93, 112 pages. Spiral bound and 8.5 x 11. Three-hole punched.
- Living Today in
- Alateen’s newest daily reader, filled with wonderful,
hope-filled personal sharings. The simplicity and straightforwardness
of these pages can show all of us, regardless of age, how to live right
- B-26, 378 pages. Indexed.
- Hope for Today
- Al‑Anon’s newest daily reader is an inspiring and
thought-provoking follow-up to our other two daily readers. Based on
the sharings of Al‑Anon’s adult children members, this is a book
for anyone who wants to grow in acceptance, compassion, and
- B-27, 383 pages. Indexed.
- B-28, 383 pages. Large Print, soft cover. Indexed.
- Opening Our Hearts,
Transforming Our Losses
- This book, new in 2007 invites us to acknowledge, understand,
and accept the losses we have experienced as a result of someone
else’s alcoholism, including death, financial ruin, abandoned
dreams, and vanished self-esteem.
- B-29, 193 pages.
- Discovering Choices,
Our Recovery in Relationships
- Al‑Anon’s latest book explores the many facets of our
recovery in relationships. Drawing on the experience, strength, and
hope of hundreds of members, it sheds light on how alcoholism has
affected many different types of relationships in many different
ways. It also shares why various Al‑Anon tools have been helpful in
improving our relationships or our attitudes about them.
- B-30, 335 pages. Indexed, soft cover.
- Many Voices, One
Journey — Al‑Anon Family Groups
- Al‑Anon’s story of growth and recovery as experienced by the
fellowship and its members over the past 60 years. Sharings from
archival papers, official documents, published articles, and personal
recollections, interspersed with insightful discussion questions,
highlight the changes faced by not only Al‑Anon’s members, but Al‑Anon
- B-31. 426 pages. Indexed, softcover.
- Reaching for
Personal Freedom:Living the Legacies
- A workbook for using Al-Anon’s Twelve Steps, Traditions, and
Concepts of Service in one’s personal life, it provides insightful
examples from members and thought-provoking questions.
- P-92. 176 pages. Spiral bound and 8.5 x 11. Three-hole punched.
- Intimacy in Alcoholic
- Members share their challenges with all aspects of
intimacy – physical, emotional and spiritual – in all relationships
affected by the family illness of alcoholism.
- B-33. 144 pages. Indexed, softcover.
August 27, 2020